Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Most of my spare time I like to build furniture and do other woodwork projects for the community. I have the skills and feel it's just right to give something back. 

But every time I start work the clearing in the woods with the yappy dog next door let's him run a mock and now the little shit is running backwards and forwards barking like a rabid dog disturbing the whole neighbourhood. 

Didn't realise you were my neighbour 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well they would have for £20 each. 😬

As you didn’t actually hand the money over, how would you know?
Dont like the look of these - £20, Bollocks, they are paying it, go to spurious reason number 2 in the playbook, sorry lads, no trainers, etc

Much better to get people to make their own mind up not to come in first before you head down the path of actually telling them they can’t come in, less confrontational

We were at Luna Springs last night and we got in for free* 😁

*With free tickets off a friend. It was £10 to get them though, not £20. The state of some of the people there though... 

Edited by villarule123
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We were at Luna Springs last night and we got in for free* 😁

*With free tickets off a friend. It was £10 to get them though, not £20. The state of some of the people there though... 

Yeah thought that myself, that's why we wasn't that bothered.

Saw a couple of lads doing what they must have thought was the height of fashion. Shorts, sliders/Crocs, one had a cagoule type jacket on. It was about fricken 20 degrees. 🤣 

36 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Inset days.

My son's school has been closed for a week and instead of doing an inset day then they're doing it tomorrow. 

My sons school messaged a little earlier issuing him some negative behaviour points for not doing his homework.

The wife just sent a rocket back advising her to double check as the homework is done, and that messaging at tea time on a sunday evening during half-term about something that didn’t happen is not appropriate. 

Teacher quickly apologised.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

My sons school messaged a little earlier issuing him some negative behaviour points for not doing his homework.

The wife just sent a rocket back advising her to double check as the homework is done, and that messaging at tea time on a sunday evening during half-term about something that didn’t happen is not appropriate. 

Teacher quickly apologised.

Surely  a polite response would have been sufficient ? it’s not like they interrupted your wedding night just as you were about to get the money shot in .

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Surely  a polite response would have been sufficient ? it’s not like they interrupted your wedding night just as you were about to get the money shot in .

How do you know? :D 

To be honest it’s a running theme with the school, they bash out negative points left right and centre and then we have to constantly prove our/his innocence. Saying he’s late when he wasn’t. Saying he’s forgotten ingredients for cooking when he didn’t. Now saying he didn’t turn in homework when we can (and so should she) see he has.  

I’m starting to think the teachers are on some sort of bonus scheme relating to how many negative behaviour points they issue.

Sunday during school holidays isn’t really the time for our phones to be chiming with their false accusations.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Inset days.

My son's school has been closed for a week and instead of doing an inset day then they're doing it tomorrow. 

what day? 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

How do you know? :D 

To be honest it’s a running theme with the school, they bash out negative points left right and centre and then we have to constantly prove our/his innocence. Saying he’s late when he wasn’t. Saying he’s forgotten ingredients for cooking when he didn’t. Now saying he didn’t turn in homework when we can (and so should she) see he has.  

I’m starting to think the teachers are on some sort of bonus scheme relating to how many negative behaviour points they issue.

Sunday during school holidays isn’t really the time for our phones to be chiming with their false accusations.

:)

If it’s a repeat offence then fair enough , I’d probably also lose patience by that point .

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

If it’s a repeat offence then fair enough , I’d probably also lose patience by that point .

Yeah, they seem to be especially petty at the moment. I agree as a first offence we’d be a bit more tolerant of a human error. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

what day? 

It’s basically a day at school they give to teachers but keep away peoples pesky  kids because 98 days holiday leave and 34 strike days a year isn’t enough …

Just now, bickster said:

The Artist formerly known as Baker Days

(every school is allowed so many a year - supposed to be for staff training)

One of the lads who my son plays football with, his dad is a deputy head, his wife was saying they have an inset day every year around December where they do their Christmas shopping.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

The Artist formerly known as Baker Days

(every school is allowed so many a year - supposed to be for staff to get pissed in the sunshine in the local pub beer garden )

What he said. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

One of the lads who my son plays football with, his dad is a deputy head, his wife was saying they have an inset day every year around December where they do their Christmas shopping.

Yep, very common I think

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

what day? 

An 'In-service Education & Training' day, where children dont attend the school so that teachers can complete training and catch up on admin.

Completely get why the teachers need them, but why are they during term time and not during the holidays?

Â