Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

It's just revenge for all the years of wanky oneupmanship by Apple nerds sneering at non-Apple stuff.

In my personal experience, there are a HELL of a lot more anti-apple "fanboys" than there are apple fanboys.

There are NOW, yes.

But back during the PC-Mac wars of the 90s, there was nothing, NOTHING, more annoying than the Apple user who never missed a chance to tell you what a stupid sheep you were for using PCs/Microsoft, when you could pay twice as much and be in the same gang as Stephen Fry and Douglas Adams.

Karma.

Exactly.

He knows he's right, we know he's right. We knew it all the other times he ranted about them.

I'd let him off if my boss had come in and said "Oh look at my amazing new iPad, it's the bestest ever"

But he didn't. He didn't even mention it until I asked him about it.

BUt this other bloke just loves to talk about how shit Apple is.

It's fine for him to think that. We agree with him on some things. But we don't need to hear it every single time apple is mentioned in passing.

But my boss has probably shelled out what, £500 for this iPad, and the first thing this guy does is shit all over it (metaphorically speaking).

Anyway, as well as this, the guy in question is a disgusting, smelly, ugly, nose picking, wheezy, sniffling, know it all prick. So I'm not pulling any punches.

Tomorrow for lunch, bring in an orange and tell him you were thinking of bringing in an apple but you couldn't bear to hear his 500th moan about apples. Ridicule him using the piece of fruit. He might get the message and it'll amuse you in the process :)

I'm with Stevo there. Yes he's right but I'll wager he 'was right' the other 400 times aswell. There comes a point where you're just being a dickhead. There are fairly subtle ways to point out to dickheads that they're being dickheads without calling them dickheads though :)

Exactly.

He knows he's right, we know he's right. We knew it all the other times he ranted about them.

I'd let him off if my boss had come in and said "Oh look at my amazing new iPad, it's the bestest ever"

But he didn't. He didn't even mention it until I asked him about it.

BUt this other bloke just loves to talk about how shit Apple is.

It's fine for him to think that. We agree with him on some things. But we don't need to hear it every single time apple is mentioned in passing.

But my boss has probably shelled out what, £500 for this iPad, and the first thing this guy does is shit all over it (metaphorically speaking).

Anyway, as well as this, the guy in question is a disgusting, smelly, ugly, nose picking, wheezy, sniffling, know it all prick. So I'm not pulling any punches.

tumblr_lwoqg5Grn41r612tfo1_1280.jpg

He sounds like this guy. "I'm making shitloads from computers".

^

LOVE that guy, particularly when he takes Gareth to task over the Chuck Norris films.

It's just revenge for all the years of wanky oneupmanship by Apple nerds sneering at non-Apple stuff.

In my personal experience, there are a HELL of a lot more anti-apple "fanboys" than there are apple fanboys.

There are NOW, yes.

But back during the PC-Mac wars of the 90s, there was nothing, NOTHING, more annoying than the Apple user who never missed a chance to tell you what a stupid sheep you were for using PCs/Microsoft, when you could pay twice as much and be in the same gang as Stephen Fry and Douglas Adams.

Karma.

Slightly like linux fans, probably is more stable etc, you probably are super hyped and want to share it with the world. But there's nicer ways of expressing it :)

There are NOW, yes.

Karma.

They'd be on my list too

tumblr_lwoqg5Grn41r612tfo1_1280.jpgHe sounds like this guy. "I'm making shitloads from computers".
Matthew Holness FTW.

He's not far off that.

He does stuff like if someone's talking about something, he'll look it up on Wikipedia, and then tell you some facts about it. As if he knows them, and as if anyone gives a shit.

And he has those glasses that go dark when you go in the sun, and they make anyone who wears them look like a paedophile.

And he **** loves doctor who.

clearing in the woods.

Bit annoyed. You know how sometimes you get spam on Twitter? It's basically the same as email spam if you don't tweet, we'll I just got one from somebody offering me an ipad 2 if I clicked on their link. I went to report them for spam, and when you go to do that you get taken to a screen showing the other persons post history so you can see if they are spamming before you send tthe report. The **** had been offering everyone else an ipad 3! Wtf?!

Also, another thing that's annoyed me recently.

People who say "all one word" when giving me their email address.

"My email address is jsmith at jaguarlandrover, all one word, dot com"

Yeah, I know it's all one word. I know how the internet works, I didn't think you were like the first person ever to have a space in their email address.

Did anyone else just email jsmith@jaguarlandrover.com?

Finishing essays that have dominated your day to day concerns, and then feeling directionless? Currently unsure what to do! :D I have a disseration over the summer but Im having some time off, but this afternoon, with other people still working on theirs, I'm just all a bit meh at the moment. Which is irritating!

Nah I like that. It reminds us what's really important in VT-land :) We're here for Villa and Villa is a team in need. We're all very concerned and the main forum has taken an upturn recently.

Â