Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Other perspectives or your opinion? :winkold:

:lol: Fair enough.

In US censuses Middle Easterners are usually classified as Whites though, so there is at least some basis for saying Iranians are Europeans. Regardless, I'm not saying classifying them as Asians is incorrect, it's just that it's debatable and there's no real consensus.

Ahh **** it, why are we talking about ethnicity, it's 2011 not 1911.

Ah but in general if an American says Asian then they mean Far Eastern but if a British person describes someone as Asian they often mean, Arab, Indian, middle eastern etc.

Other perspectives or your opinion? :winkold:

:lol: Fair enough.

In US censuses Middle Easterners are usually classified as Whites though, so there is at least some basis for saying Iranians are Europeans. Regardless, I'm not saying classifying them as Asians is incorrect, it's just that it's debatable and there's no real consensus.

Ahh **** it, why are we talking about ethnicity, it's 2011 not 1911.

Ah but in general if an American says Asian then they mean Far Eastern but if a British person describes someone as Asian they often mean, Arab, Indian, middle eastern etc.

This is true.

And I WASN'T talking about ethnicity, I was talking about geography. Iranians are Asians, because Iran is in Asia. Asian is not an ethnic group - as Wainy says, it covers everything from Turkey to Japan.

Having said that however, whatever the Iranians consider themselves to be, I'll bet the average white English person regards them in the same ethnic category as (say) Pakistanis. Why? Religion. In Sun-reader-speak, Islamic = "Asian". How they shoehorn (say) Algerians or Sudanese into that, I don't know, but hey-ho.

Oh, and anyone who thinks that ethnicity is less of an issue in 2011 than it was in 1911 obviously doesn't read the news. Shouldn't be so, but sadly it is.

When I log into the "Other Football" thread, and there is no new comedy news about small heath.

Then make some up! Duhh.

No, that's just not as satisfying.

Everything that happens to them seems to fall into the "you couldn't make it up" category. I keep thinking they can't get any more laughable - and then they do!

But I need a daily fix of it.

1. Talksport, not the channel but the www listen on the web thingy.

Do they think they are clever putting adverts on the start which you have to mute on the desktop and not on the player ? It's bad enough changing channel in the car all the time to dodge the adverts but don't try and be clever as I will never listen to or watch one.

2. People at work with kids that think that means they can pick and choose the holiday dates they want, I think not. IF you don't like it then you really should have thought it through.

2. People at work with kids that think that means they can pick and choose the holiday dates they want, I think not. IF you don't like it then you really should have thought it through.

YES!

Unfortunately, my boss also subscribes to this way of thinking, and it extends to more than just holidays. I had to miss half a game at VP the one day because one of my colleagues had to leave early to take their kids to Tai Kwondo (sp?) grading.

Basically, half terms are off limits when it comes to getting holidays at my place, which is a swine because my mrs is a primary school teacher, ergo, I also want the time off.

Oh, and anyone who thinks that ethnicity is less of an issue in 2011 than it was in 1911 obviously doesn't read the news. Shouldn't be so, but sadly it is.

I know.

Â