Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

people who do handshake/broshake. i never know if im supposed to handshake, just high five, or interlocking thumbshake. Just stop doing it :'(. always super awkward if you go for different things aswell.

fistbump > all

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gharperr said:

people who do handshake/broshake. i never know if im supposed to handshake, just high five, or interlocking thumbshake. Just stop doing it :'(. always super awkward if you go for different things aswell.

fistbump > all

On a related subject, limp handshakes...just no.

I don't want my hand crushed but put a bit of effort in please.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

When did Marvel superhero shit become a thing for adults? 

I'm so fecking sick of seeing superhero tripe plastered everywhere. Why is it so popular?!? I can't help view it as a really shitty nerdy thing for kids. All of them follow the same formula but the characters wear different costumes. Are people really not bored of it yet? It's sooooo lame. 

/rantover

Uh-oh 

Unknown_zps50593e02.jpeg

I'm so fecking sick of seeing superhero tripe plastered everywhere. Why is it so popular?!? I can't help view it as a really shitty nerdy thing for kids. All of them follow the same formula but the characters wear different costumes. Are people really not bored of it yet? It's sooooo lame. 

/rantover

This. I used to love Marvel and DC comics - until I was about 14.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

/rantover

Yeah pretty much this.

A good comic book movie is still good. There are a few that are excellent.

But the vast majority of them are awful.

• Like 1

I don't think you guys are seeing the subtle geo political sub text woven into the complex and titanic story lines.

Yes, there is the cartoon action movie. But there are other levels for the sophisticated and mature observer of timeless philosophical truths.

There are often free toys to tie in with happy meals too.

But then, I buy music in obsolete formats and pay to watch other people play football so who am I to comment.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

It’s that time of the year again, where all the women in the office are on a diet, and have to discuss the calorific content of everything, and how many ‘sins’ or ‘points’ everything is worth. McGrath love you if you’re on a diet, and fair play for trying to make a change in your life, but I don’t want to know about it. If you think it’s bad for your diet, it probably will be. There’s no need to check if you can have a packet of Monster Munch or a chocolate cake or not. You can’t. Although you can if you want, it’s your body and your life. If you want to reach your goal though, you know you can’t, so stop being an idiot.

They're searching for justification.

They're dying for somebody to say "Go on, one little bag of monster munch won't hurt".

My invention (that is probably impossible and that I in no way posses the technical or scientific skills to make) would solve all of this

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A plate that measure how many calories are on it.

It would link up with your smartphone or watch or whatever.

You then enter 2000 calories (or whatevs) and everything you eat off that plate shows up against that target.

So as long as you eat all your food off that plate, then once the 2000 calories is up. That's it. No more food today, fatty!

It's obviously the first bit that is the major problem in that invention :D

Good idea! I like it! Make it happen! 

Edited by PieFacE

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

0160d113075d80fda0c121652f8e9d21.jpg

The plot thickens. American cups and English cups.

It appears that the differences stem from one thing - America's insistence that there should be 16 fluid ounces in a pint instead of 20, making their pints, cups (2 per pint) and gallons (8 of their pints), 20% smaller than the UK equivalents.

Does anyone know why the UK has 20 fluid ounces for their next unit of volume, i.e. a pint, but only 16 ounces for their next unit of weight, i.e. a pound? At least the US has some form of uniformity of 16 fluid ounces/ounces for their pint and pound.

Edited by brommy

Â