Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I decided halfway through my thesis to paste all of my references, books etc at the bottom of it. Now I have to actually properly reference them, rather than allow them to build up. I will never learn. I knew I shouldn't have allowed this to get out of hand. :S

The fact that after not driving my car for one week, it only took 5 minutes for some jackoff to cut me off...big slobby fat **** too, probably too busy shoving cookies into his mouth

Paprika is tastless, it's just a colouring.

:| It's dried ground sweet pepper. Not flavourless at all. Rub some on a chicken breast and cook it in the oven and tell me it doesn't make it a whole lot better.

Paprika is often used as a colouring but BOF is right it does have a taste too.

There's basically two types of paprika in this country though (as I was trying to explain to Joe Cole's missus in Waitrose the other day). What we call paprika is what the Americans call sweet paprika, its in your face doesn't carry much heat and the taste is sweet, then there's smoked paprika, which does pack heat and the taste is more robust. Of course if you go to Spain or especially Hungary theres a whole different grading system going on, from the mild sweet stuff to the robust spicy stuff and lots of grades in betweeen the two. But for us Brits there's basically two sorts.

Paprika is tastless, it's just a colouring.

:| It's dried ground sweet pepper. Not flavourless at all. Rub some on a chicken breast and cook it in the oven and tell me it doesn't make it a whole lot better.

Paprika is often used as a colouring but BOF is right it does have a taste too.

There's basically two types of paprika in this country though (as I was trying to explain to Joe Cole's missus in Waitrose the other day). What we call paprika is what the Americans call sweet paprika, its in your face doesn't carry much heat and the taste is sweet, then there's smoked paprika, which does pack heat and the taste is more robust. Of course if you go to Spain or especially Hungary theres a whole different grading system going on, from the mild sweet stuff to the robust spicy stuff and lots of grades in betweeen the two. But for us Brits there's basically two sorts.

No, we just call it paprika too. :D

Trust me, American cook books use the term sweet paprika for the "normal" stuff. In fact thats how Joe Cole's missus got confused, she wanted sweet paprika because thats what her American cook book told her she needed. Needed to explain it to her

Trust me, American cook books use the term sweet paprika for the "normal" stuff. In fact thats how Joe Cole's missus got confused, she wanted sweet paprika because thats what her American cook book told her she needed. Needed to explain it to her

yeah, she needs it bad, that one

The fact its sunny, I'm in a sun-bathed Worcester and in a maths class and all I can think about is drinking a pint and chilling out.

The fact its sunny, I'm in a sun-bathed Worcester and in a maths class and all I can think about is drinking a pint and chilling out.

It's 9.30am mate! :shock: :lol:

It's 9.30am mate! :shock: :lol:

I know, it seems a little early doesn't it! I've been craving a drink for a while now, unfortunately attending college drunk isn't allowed.

I've been craving a drink for a while now

That is a worry.

Only when on holiday abroad, on a stag weekend, the day you get married, attending a cup final or generally on a Sunday can alcohol be consumed before 12pm.

Sunday's are by far the best day to go drinking.

Â