Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Went for a curry with friends last night, one of whom is a maths teacher.

She said the same. Said she actually thought it was quite an easy question, but that it was probably the way it was worded that confused the pupils.

Exam results out Wednesday, praying to god I passed all 4, then I would only have one set left, the thoughts of repeating exams in August is depressing me right now.

real life apathy

a bit of not local to you, local politics for you:

A few schools are planned to be merged here, the final upshot of which will be a 2,400 pupil english language mega comprehensive. Locally this has kicked off a social media storm of people mouthing off for and against it - without the benefit of any actual facts.

We managed to arrange for some public consultation to calm people down and get actual facts (or lack of facts) out in the open, for or against. A large hall was hired, the council and politicians agreed to attend, tables were put out. People braced themselves......

Including me, three parents turned up.

All that internet rage and people that knew they would be better at organising a drink in a brewery, all those smart arses, all those people with a chance to actually stand in the room, eye to eye and vent their frustrations. All turned into three people.

Doubtless once the plans are finalised they'll all be on facebook again moaning to each other.

I've vented frustration before that you can mobilise keyboard warriors to get rage against the machine to number 1 but you can't mobilise theses same people to do anything worthwhile  ...

• Like 1

Here's one.

Stuff that exists purely for shitty legal reasons.

This is probably a "health and safety gone mad" rant, but it annoys me. Stuff that is only there to stop people getting sued, but is actually no use to anybody.

I've mentioned it in here before, but at my local Morrisons there's a travelator up to and down from the store. When you're on it there's a voice that blares out "You are approaching the end of the walkway. Please be ready to step off"

I refuse to believe that is of any help to anyone. Nobody has ever been stood on that thing and genuinely been reminded that they need to step off it momentarily, as if they'd have just stood there if nobody reminded them.

What's more, you can hear the voice and what it's saying before you even get onto the flipping thing, rendering it utterly useless.

It's just there so if some old dear trips over the end of it and breaks her hip they can't be sued for not warning people that they have to eventually step off the moving platform that they intentionally stepped onto 30 seconds ago.

They've got the same one at Mozzo's at Five Ways in the car park. It just blares out the warning even if there is no one on it

Here's one.

This is probably a "health and safety gone mad" rant, but it annoys me. Stuff that is only there to stop people getting sued, but is actually no use to anybody.

I've mentioned it in here before, but at my local Morrisons there's a travelator up to and down from the store. When you're on it there's a voice that blares out "You are approaching the end of the walkway. Please be ready to step off"

I refuse to believe that is of any help to anyone. Nobody has ever been stood on that thing and genuinely been reminded that they need to step off it momentarily, as if they'd have just stood there if nobody reminded them.

What's more, you can hear the voice and what it's saying before you even get onto the flipping thing, rendering it utterly useless.

It's just there so if some old dear trips over the end of it and breaks her hip they can't be sued for not warning people that they have to eventually step off the moving platform that they intentionally stepped onto 30 seconds ago.

Blind people?

I think what he's saying is that it's even useless to blind people because it can be heard at every point on the travelator, including before you get on to it. So it provides no help to anyone, other than to legally cover the asses of the shop.

Tattoos, not all of them, like for example my friend Steve, his mom died when he was 14 and he has the irish for mother tattooed on his chest, I can fully understand that, but then the tattoo shop in town has just put up a picture of someone who paid to get Heath Ledger's Joker tattooed on their arm, I mean come on like what's that about?

Tattoos.  All of them.

'Piss me off' is a bit strong.  Just that I would never ever ever ever get one.  Ever.

I suppose I've never really even begun to understand the appeal of wanting to permanently deface your body.  I mustn't have that gene.

• Like 1

Tattoos.  All of them.

'Piss me off' is a bit strong.  Just that I would never ever ever ever get one.  Ever.

I suppose I've never really even begun to understood the appeal of wanting to permanently deface your body.  I mustn't have that gene.

Oh ya I'm exactly the same but I'd never lecture anyone about it, and as I said I can at least understand why my friend did that, but the bulk of them are just ridiculous.

Here's one.

Blind people?

I think what he's saying is that it's even useless to blind people because it can be heard at every point on the travelator, including before you get on to it. So it provides no help to anyone, other than to legally cover the asses of the shop.

Exactly. You can hear the voice for the entire duration of the journey. You can hear it before you get on. So I can't see how it helps.

Tattoos.  All of them.

I suppose I've never really even begun to understand the appeal of wanting to permanently deface your body.  I mustn't have that gene.

this

every time I see a tattoo ridden footballer I just want to punch him in the face

Tattoos.  All of them.

this

every time I see a tattoo ridden footballer I just want to punch him in the face

its the young ones that are now totally destroyed in sleeves and the chest tattoos .....time to invest laser removal companys as its going to boom soon 

I actually quite like how a lot of tattoos look, for the most parts sleeves look great IMO. Never had the balls to get one myself though.

A guy i know is tattooed all over his face, he is 40 and still having sex with hot 18 year old girls cause they think he is cool, but he do find it very difficult to get a job.

• Like 1

I actually quite like how a lot of tattoos look, for the most parts sleeves look great IMO. Never had the balls to get one myself though.

yeh sleeves are the best and always look good. (has to be black and white only though) tribal shit is the worst. Closely followed by stars

Edited by gharperr

Â