Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My firends who are teachers moaning about people who get flexi time.

I'm sure the million days holiday teachers get a year makes up for the fact that they have to work set hours!

Lady Gaga just tries too hard to be original. She's trying so hard to be different, she's exactly the same as the rest.

Teachers get insane amounts of holiday.

The holiday part doesn't annoy me. What does annoy me is when they claim their holidays are "taken up with marking and planning".

Surely marking the coursework of a few kids/teenagers doesn't take long and surely the planning can be recycled year after year (with a few tweaks to reflect the requirements of the curriculum).

Anyway, even if it is time consuming - tough. It's your job; it's what you're paid to do, so get on with it. Nobody gets six weeks holiday in the summer, four over easter, two weeks for Xmas, etc etc.

The holiday part doesn't annoy me. What does annoy me is when they claim their holidays are "taken up with marking and planning".

Surely marking the coursework of a few kids/teenagers doesn't take long and surely the planning can be recycled year after year (with a few tweaks to reflect the requirements of the curriculum).

Anyway, even if it is time consuming - tough. It's your job; it's what you're paid to do, so get on with it. Nobody gets six weeks holiday in the summer, four over easter, two weeks for Xmas, etc etc.

My girlfriend is training to be a teacher at the moment. She works at home until at least 10.30pm every night doing lesson planning, after a full day at school. She hasn't even started marking work yet and I don't know how that's going to fit in as well.

My girlfriend is training to be a teacher at the moment. She works at home until at least 10.30pm every night doing lesson planning, after a full day at school. She hasn't even started marking work yet and I don't know how that's going to fit in as well.

Yeah, but she's training.

Give it a few years and it should become easier. One of my mates goes away on holiday all the time; he's been doing the job for over eight years.

Doesn't stop the whinging fanny from claiming he's always got loads to do over the holidays, though.

My girlfriend recently finished her teaching qualification and is now in employment with a Primary School. You tend to find that, initially, they spend a lot of time doing lesson plans, then after a year they simply re-use their first year plans.

The Holiday is a long period, no doubt about it. But it's not an exclusive club, and if you like the idea of the holidays - go and get qualified!

Sounds to me like she is having an affair. ;)

:detect:

Knocks of school early, whips round to the lovers and then works in front of me all evening asking for tea and sympathy.... could be on to something .... ;)

My P.E teacher was the ultimate teacher, you used to hear the bell for the end of the day and he'd be first out the doors! his lessons were basically, go on the computer and look in books for information, while he did any sort of work like marking during the day. Any practical lesson, he just used to sort teams out for a game of football on the play ground, every week, no variation, he used to always put himself on the best team. Extremely unprofessional but he was a really nice bloke and pretty much every student liked him because he was always giving banter and talking about the football. Add the holidays, early finishes and it's like an ultimate job.

Our old PE teacher, Mr Whale, broke the crossbar with a shot one time. What that says about the state of the goalposts is up for debate, but he broke the crossbar!

The price of petrol/derv.

Should be used to it by now but it makes me SO fucken angry

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Wish my work would let me work from home more often! Would save me a feckin fortune ....

Â