Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Hang on, you own a flat there...and you've not been in 5 years?

Recession didn't touch you then? ;)

Of course not, he works in banking ;)

I used to work in IT for an investment bank... I stopped working in that industry in 2001 when I moved to Budapest

Pay attention :)

I thought you worked for a Swiss finance company?

It Pisses Me Off (But Shouldn't) that the term 'pop quiz' is now routinely being used to mean 'quiz', rather than 'quiz about pop music'. And, yes, I have mentioned this before.

It Pisses Me Off (But Shouldn't) that the term 'pop quiz' is now routinely being used to mean 'quiz', rather than 'quiz about pop music'. And, yes, I have mentioned this before.

It was pretty widespread 20 years ago after the film "Speed" came out IIRC.

Tying in with what previous comments, the cost of living.  I'm in a catch 22 situation, I'm living and working in Birmingham for Colliers. I have to pay £350 a month (that is for rent bills and council tax) which is a real bitch. But if I live with my parents in Buckinghamshire I only have to pay £150 a month but there are no little or no jobs there.  

Tying in with what previous comments, the cost of living.  I'm in a catch 22 situation, I'm living and working in Birmingham for Colliers. I have to pay £350 a month (that is for rent bills and council tax) which is a real bitch. But if I live with my parents in Buckinghamshire I only have to pay £150 a month but there are no little or no jobs there.

I don't mean to keep picking on you but £350 for rent and bills really isn't a bitch.

Tbh it's the thought that I'm chucking 350 down the drain every month,

Yeah I can understand that aspect of it I guess but most people would love to be in a position like that, at least it would allow you to save up for a deposit alot quicker.

Edited by Ingram85

Ingram, you can come and volunteer with me if you want to?

I dreadlock to ask but.... doing what?

On Friday I helped paint an orphanage, I've set up a monthly  book club for some patients of a Psychiatric Hospital so I go to that once a month.

'Charity-like-activities' are one aspect of my job.

My daughters and their partners are in that same bind, only the rent and power bills are a LOT more than a quarter of their income. Can't save for a deposit (wouldn't get a mortgage anyway, the way the banks are atm) so trapped into throwing away money on rent. 

We help them out as much as we can, but there's a limit. 

Ingram, you can come and volunteer with me if you want to?

I dreadlock to ask but.... doing what?

On Friday I helped paint an orphanage, I've set up a monthly  book club for some patients of a Psychiatric Hospital so I go to that once a month. 'Charity-like-activities' are one aspect of my job.

I'd love to do that, that sounds great! Nice edit by the way :P

• Like 1

I'd love to do that, that sounds great! Nice edit by the way  :P

Okay, well I'll have a chat with some people and see what I can do.

Edited by 8pints

Â