Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm on just over £19.5k myself. My job averages around £5k more than that and I actually do the job of, and so much more than my colleague who is on around £30k.

It's a joke. I'll certainly be raising that point at the next performance review.

Edited by villaajax

It wasn't meant to come across that way. There was no condescending from me. But I do remember a discussion about wages in the 'what car do you drive thread' and some of the wages some on this forum are earning is serious. I can't lie it did make me think.

Like I said, go for it! There is nothing wrong with wanting the best in life but don't belittle people who earn and work hard for what you describe as 'peanuts'.

I didn't belittle anyone, show me where I did. Anyway that picture reminds me of 2 of our own dearest from Villa Park. At the peak of their careers back in the late 90s, Hendrie and Stanley Victor's favourite 'party piece' was to burn £50 notes in clubs and bars. Despicable. 

Edited by Voinjama

If you choose to be offended or upset by that, then that's your business, it was my NOT my intention to belittle. Anyway what someone regards as a lot, a little, peanuts is all relative. A banker in the city wouldn't get out of bed for £40k per year, but someone in absolute poverty both here or abroad would give their left testicle (or breast) for £12k per year. It's all relative and based on your perspective.

I didn't belittle anyone, show me where I did. Anyway that picture reminds me of 2 of our own dearest from Villa Park. At the peak of their careers back in the late 90s, Hendrie and Stanley Victor's favourite 'party piece' was to burn £50 notes in clubs and bars. Despicable.

saw Hendrie doing that in Bambu.

I wasn't bothered though as Crouch was there and it was the day he'd won the game for us with a late goal against Boro after we'd gone down to 10 men. I told him he was a "legend"

• Like 1

Some perspective.. if your earning more then £30,170 a year then you are richer then 99% of the global population. If your earning £21k a year or around that then your not far off...some low paid mofo's on here though.

April 2004 remember the game well. My cousins and uncles used to hang out with some of the footballers. Hendrie was always burning his money. What a tosser. 

Edited by Voinjama

Some perspective.. if your earning more then £30,170 a year then you are richer then 99% of the global population. If your earning £21k a year or around that then your not far off...some low paid mofo's on here though.

Whether tongue in cheek or not, your last sentence negates the points made earlier in your post. But anyway.........

• Like 1

Whether tongue in cheek or not, your last sentence negates the points made earlier in your post. But anyway.........

Not really. Your the one who said your earning peanuts even though your earning more then others so you agree with my last point dont ya'.

Anyway I earn £25,000 a year (peanuts by voinjama's terms) doing 35 hours a week and not a single minute more! My household bills are £350 a month also as share the rest with my gf. £200 in transport costs. £150 for meals and nights out a month. £30 a month fone bill and I can easily save £800 a month and go on 5 trips abroad a year. Its all about living within your means.

My mate is on £65k a year yet is broke as fack. Stupid ott mortgage, paying £300 a month to lease a car, spends £100 a week on nights out, spends lots on weed and booze, yet wonders why he is broke despite earning nearly 3 times I am.

I say again...all about living within ones needs.

Â