Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

If the toilet wall in your local is to be believed the skirt denial is clearly  false...

I'm not sure I've ever had the legs to have been able to get away it. ;)

but that aside I was sure you'd pull me up on the obvious "steal" :)

Ah, sorry.

That one was lost on me. :)

And yes, Stevo, in certain situations pride can be very bad. 'muricans that are proud to be from 'murica and have pride in their written constitution that was written by people centuries ago, but if anyone wants to change it then they're accused of not being a true patriot. How many children have to die in school shootings or out on the street before they realise that the second amendment just does not make sense in the present day?

That's a very particular kind of pride though.

Extreme pride, if you like. And extreme anything can be bad.

So I wouldn't necessarily disagree. BUt from Mike's post he seemed to labelling pride as bad in general. Which seems bizarre to me.

that's the thing ,I  was looking at pride with one definition / view and Grinko is looking at it like I'm about to invade Poland

I bet he doesn't buy mothers pride bread either as he finds it cringing ;)

I am "proud" to be British.... not because I think we are particularly fantastic but because were it not for the grace of McGrath I could have been French, and there is no pride to be had in that at all.

• Like 1

Ha, don't cry Tony, I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular ;)

And obviously there are going to be varying degrees of pride as there is with everything, so yes, you're right in that extreme pride is more what I was talking about.

• Like 1

Ha, don't cry Tony, I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular ;)

And obviously there are going to be varying degrees of pride as there is with everything, so yes, you're right in that extreme pride is more what I was talking about.

i wasn't crying .. sniff sniff   , it was something in my eye honest

I am "proud" to be British.... not because I think we are particularly fantastic but because were it not for the grace of McGrath I could have been French, and there is no pride to be had in that at all.

he he  ... I fear you  will have one of the anti brigade (incorrectly) telling you how we are all French now as a result of 1066 though ;)

he he  ... I fear you  will have one of the anti brigade (incorrectly) telling you how we are all French now as a result of 1066 though ;)

I'd be happy to hand out a history lesson in that eventuality.

Canadians are the most overly proud people on the planet.

Have you met any dutch fans?

Yes I was part of a 5,000 strong orange parade with their fans to the stadium in Kharkiv at Euro 2012.

Yeah, they tend to draw attention to their nationality.  That's a football thing though.

And yes, Stevo, in certain situations pride can be very bad. 'muricans that are proud to be from 'murica and have pride in their written constitution that was written by people centuries ago, but if anyone wants to change it then they're accused of not being a true patriot. How many children have to die in school shootings or out on the street before they realise that the second amendment just does not make sense in the present day?

So I wouldn't necessarily disagree. BUt from Mike's post he seemed to labelling pride as bad in general. Which seems bizarre to me.

Yes, I was. I realise it's an unusual point of view, but I stand by it. 

People at work talking about the Jay Z / Solange video this morning for about 2 hours. I wanted to tear my ears off  :(

Canadians are the most overly proud people on the planet.

Have you met any dutch fans?

Yes I was part of a 5,000 strong orange parade with their fans to the stadium in Kharkiv at Euro 2012.

Yeah, they tend to draw attention to their nationality.  That's a football thing though.

Not just a football thing. This is Amsterdam on Queen's Day:

130403-blog-holland-queens-day-amsterdam

Yes, I was. I realise it's an unusual point of view, but I stand by it.

so if my child (if I had one) wins an award at school I shouldn't be proud if it?

Or if wrote a novel I shouldn't be proud of it?

It seems very strange to me.

Forgot to post it earlier, some clearing in the woods stole my calculator, from my desk last night. It's only worth about £2, but I was gutted. Stealing from other people is about as scummy as it gets in my book. Even if it is only a £2 calculator.  

Edited by dAVe80

Â