Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The problem is that women are just not that funny outside of a couple of exceptions.
I was going to give you a like for that post , then struggled to think of the couple of exceptions ( other than watching them trying to parallel park )

So changed my mind.... Sorry

The problem is that women are just not that funny outside of a couple of exceptions.
I was going to give you a like for that post , then struggled to think of the couple of exceptions ( other than watching them trying to parallel park )

So changed my mind.... Sorry

What about... umm... yeah, fair enough.

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Chalke, Sandi Toksvig, Michelle Gomez, Jennifer Aniston, Katherine Parkinson, Jessica Hynes/Stevenson, Amanda Abbington, Olivia Colman, Jo Brand... there's loads of funny women.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Chalke, Sandi Toksvig, Michelle Gomez, Jennifer Aniston... there's loads of funny women.

With the exception of Sandi Toksvig the rest have stuff written for them in sitcoms and whatever else.

Tina Fey is a writer, so is Amy Poehler and for all I know the others have written things or improvised scenes. Either way the line was that women aren't funny. Well comedy acting is tough and it's not just a matter of reading the lines. You need to deliver it with perfect timing and in the right way.

• Like 1

Kristen Wiig (also a writer) and Kristen Schaal (does stand up and is funny whenever I've seen her do panel shows), also very funny women.

Sue Perkins too, she's always good on QI.

Edited by Ginko

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Chalke, Sandi Toksvig, Michelle Gomez, Jennifer Aniston, Katherine Parkinson, Jessica Hynes/Stevenson, Amanda Abbington, Olivia Colman, Jo Brand... there's loads of funny women.

I'm unfamiliar with Jennifer Aniston's stand up routine ....

Jo Brand was funny for about 13 minutes back in the early 90's I think

Who said anything about stand up? It was about being funny in general. I don't find most stand ups funny in general, does one have to be good at stand up to be funny?

Edited by Ginko

Who said anything about stand up? It was about being funny in general. I don't find any stand up funny in general, does one have to be good at stand up to be funny?

Yes

I'll see your argument and raise you Shappi Khorsandi

Ha, jeez you go on about her don't you? :P

For every female stand up you don't like I could name two male stand up comedians who aren't funny in the slightest.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Â