Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Something that pisses me off that shouldn't maybe cos I can be a bit OCD at time is movie posters and they way they'll have the main actor/ress' name first at the top and then working their way across but will have the lead right bang in the middle of the poster, always annoys me that they don't just put the name over the right people?

I was thinking exactly this the other day!

Did you see a poster of American Hustle lately by any chance? They do it on that.

Ya I did. 

Here it is. Annoying

americanhustleposter.jpg

I would say that was because Bale would have insisted on being front and centre in the poster and first name (left to right) that was read.

It's been happening for years now.

• Like 1

Oh I know. And I know why it happens. 

Lead is centre in photos, but first in a list of names.

It's just those particular posters, where they line the stars up as they have but put the names at the top makes it look like they're deliberately putting the names above the respective actors, but ballsing it up.

• Like 1

Oh I know. And I know why it happens. 

Lead is centre in photos, but first in a list of names.

It's just those particular posters, where they line the stars up as they have but put the names at the top makes it look like they're deliberately putting the names above the respective actors, but ballsing it up.

Yup, that's my problem with it, I've no problem if it's just one actor on the poster and then a load of names but that one just looks off to me.

I like Cooper. Not sure why he gets such a bad rep to be honest.

I think it's just the characters he plays annoy me sometimes. Which is probably a testament to his acting in some degree but I know little about him off the big screen, but every time I see him I feel like I'm routing against him.

I think it's just the characters he plays annoy me sometimes. Which is probably a testament to his acting in some degree but I know little about him off the big screen, but every time I see him I feel like I'm routing against him.

I think he's just one of those actors. Good looking, often plays the attractive bloke in a rom com or something and picks up a bad rep (especially from males) as a result.

I would guess that, in a few years, it'll be the same situation as has happened with other male leads like Di Caprio, McConaughey, Gosling etc where we all suddenly think "ohhhh he actually IS a really good actor"

I think he's just one of those actors. Good looking, often plays the attractive bloke in a rom com or something and picks up a bad rep (especially from males) as a result.

I would guess that, in a few years, it'll be the same situation as has happened with other male leads like Di Caprio, McConaughey, Gosling etc where we all suddenly think "ohhhh he actually IS a really good actor"

Ya very possibly. 

Men have to dress smart...shirt, (sometimes tie), trousers. Yet women seem to get away with wearing what they want. Ive seen tiger print shirts, jazzy cardigans,stupid t-shirts with a flower on. How the fack is that office wear?!?! Yet because im a man I got told off today for having my top button undone. Bullshit.

Yeah I've put this in this thread before.

Our work used to have "dress down" fridays. A notice came out a few years back saying that the CEO wasn't happy with it anymore.

When my (then) boss told us, he said it was because SOME PEOPLE (looking directly and obviously at me and this other guy) dressed too casually on a Friday.

All this while a girl in our team sat there in a vest top and flip flops, which she wore (or somethign similar) every day, not just fridays.

That really pissed me off. So much so that I had a meeting with him about it, haha!

PS in before the Tonyh rant about office wear

:wave:

just remember if your boss wears a suit he's crap at his job and knows it ... I highly recommend this approach during any appraisals and pay review meetings

Office dress codes piss me off. Almost every office I work in has been the same.

Men have to dress smart...shirt, (sometimes tie), trousers. Yet women seem to get away with wearing what they want. Ive seen tiger print shirts, jazzy cardigans,stupid t-shirts with a flower on. How the fack is that office wear?!?! Yet because im a man I got told off today for having my top button undone. Bullshit.

Office lingo is another one. Every meeting I hear the phrase 'going forward'.

Offices in general.

Don't let it stress you out. Take comfort in the knowledge that men earn more than women in the office for doing the same job! 

Work toilets are a passion of mine.,, mainly because I believe I work with the dirtiest bunch of people in Birmingham. In my ten years in the office I have witnessed:

a) not just skid marks down the back of the pan, but a whole shit stuck to it

b ) skid marks down the front of the pan. Did the dirty bastard straddle the toilet the wrong way?! 

c) shit on the seat. How can they miss the pan? Have they got an anus like a faulty lawn sprinkler?

d) shit smeared on the cubicle wall. Either that or someone had mashed a chocolate dundee cake up and applied it to the wall

e) piss and pubes on the seat

f) shit nuggets on the toilet floor

g) shit smeared toilet roll forced into the bog brush holder

and finally, the only one I haven't witnessed but was mentioned by a colleague, was a giant shit in the sink

Animals

Edited by Xela

Yep, I was on a contract at a place at a couple of years ago and when I popped for a quick pee in the morning I was greeted by King Kong's finger pointing out at me.

Disturbing stuff indeed.

Â