Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

i've just seen what he's hired from work, he's got a flatbed lorry, he's stood on the back of it and using that as the raised platform to trim the top of the hedge, any sympathy i had has gone, **** him, why doesnt he just use a step ladder like a normal person? or am i misunderstanding how a normal person would trim a hedge? after the abuse he gave me earlier im half tempted to go over and ask him why he's doing it like a clearing in the woods

Clearly he's a man who has taken his 'working at height' safety lecture extremely seriously. 

not really, the back of the flatbed has no fall arrest its probably more dangerous...

ad you've reminded me, caught a radio 1 newsbeat special, the HSE are moaning that because their funding has been cut by 1/3 people in construction arent safe, are they **** kidding? its just shy of filling a form in to use the shitter! we have had great experienced project managers take early retirement because they are worried that there will be an accident on site and they wont have filled a form in properly and therefore be placed with the blame, there is an insane amount of H&S paperwork required now, the HSE dont need additional funding and more site visits, in all controlled in house by the contractor (at a pretty packet too)

If you think 'there's nothing to do in Birmingham' then you have set yourself incredibly high standards.

Birmingham is a shit hole. The more you travel the world, the more you come to understand that fact. 

• Like 1

I've travelled a fair bit considering my age and I still absolutely love Birmingham. Still my 2nd favourite city in the world (that I've visited)

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Birmingham really doesn't have much to do when you compare it to London, London is 24/7, there's always something going on, plus the people are a lot more interesting and women a lot more attractive. Birmingham for me is a great place to relax and live in a comparatively nicer house, if I was raising a family I'd much rather do it in Birmingham, however as someone who is in their early 20s, London wins every time in the excitement and things to do aspect.

What I would disagree on is the idea that everyone in London earns enough to support the high cost of living, for most industries (i.e. outside of the financial services and law) the premium associated with working in London really isn't that great and certainly isn't enough in a climate where rents are growing at a much faster rate than wages in real terms.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Growing up in a village where there genuinely is nothing to do, just seems a bit daft. There is practically every shop, every amenity  every leisure activity etc in Birmingham, so saying there's nothing to do baffles me :P

• Like 1

I've travelled a fair bit considering my age and I still absolutely love Birmingham. Still my 2nd favourite city in the world (that I've visited)

You need to travel a bit more then ..

I doubt Brum would even make my top 1000

i think its easy to take for granted because its on the doorstep and so often visited, id say the centre certainly isnt a shit hole, the surrounding area isnt great by any stretch

the main problem is how many of us here actually use brum for anything other than shopping, eating and getting drunk? to which id say the 1st 2 at least its a great city for

i think its easy to take for granted because its on the doorstep and so often visited, id say the centre certainly isnt a shit hole, the surrounding area isnt great by any stretch

the main problem is how many of us here actually use brum for anything other than shopping, eating and getting drunk? to which id say the 1st 2 at least its a great city for

Exactly. I love Birmingham.

I sincerely doubt you've even been to 1000 cities  :detect:

Edited by StefanAVFC

This London v Birmingham debate you lot are having interests me because I lived in London for 4 years, and I'm now living in Edgbaston, by the city centre. The things I prefer about Birmingham are the cost of living, the women are better looking and it's less competitive. London is too competitive for jobs, housing, sponsorship, women, schools etc.

I slightly prefer Birmingham but then that might be because I am new here. But in Birmingham you really do need a car, in London you don't.

Seriously?

If you're an Asian-chaser then you may well be in your element in Bham then. London has a much better mix of attractive women since it's the sort of city to pull in people from all over the world.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Yeah but they are mostly stuck up and pretentious, waiting for that pop star/footballer/millionaire. I don't go into either of those categories, so I'm left with not much when I'm there.

And I do like Indian women, but of course London has many too especially in West/North West.

Girl I'm seeing is Indian voinjama, want me to ask if she has any single friends with very particular, specific completely normal and not weird in any way interests?

• Like 3

Â