Nissan Qashqai

TrentVilla

We've recently gone the other way and sold a Qashqai to get a Discovery 4.  They're OK I suppose, but I found it cramped inside for what looks like quite a big car, and the petrol version we had, had no oomph at all.  Nice enough to drive though and good if you have kids.

I've currently got an old Freelander, whatever I get needs to be child and dog friendly.

I like the Disc TD4 but bit too big and pricey.

What engine size did you have? When you say cramped was that the front, rear, boot or all 3?

I have a bus and my own personal chauffeur, it's great apart from the other words removed who ya get on it...actually if I learnt how to drive a bus and bought one would I be able to drive it where I want and still use the bus lanes and shit like that?

My dads next door neighbour has one and I believe he doesn't like it. Also have an ex school friend who swapped one for a Tiguan that she prefers. Depends on how much you want to spend and whether you're bothered about how frugal it is too.

I have had one as a company car for the last 2 years.  Never had any problems with it and nor have the other ~20 people at work who also have one.  So in my experience they're reliable.  Nice enough to drive if you like a "up high" driving position and the nTec diesel version I have is economical (52mpg) driving from Redditch to the NEC each day on the M42.

We are due to change cars in the autumn and had a choice of another Qashqai or a new A-Class Mercedes.   No one chose to get a new Qashqai.  So whilst it is reliable, economical and nice enough to drive, it doesn't have enough of a wow factor to make anyone want another one.

I helped my old man picking between the Qashqai and the Mitsubishi ASX. The latter was nicer so he ended up with that. Dunno if there's a price-difference in the UK though. 2 years, no faults so far.

I've currently got an old Freelander, whatever I get needs to be child and dog friendly.

I like the Disc TD4 but bit too big and pricey.

What engine size did you have? When you say cramped was that the front, rear, boot or all 3?

We had the 2 litre petrol engine.  It was the +2 (ie two flip up seats in the boot).  When the seats were down, the boot was massive with plenty of room for pushchairs and other kiddy gear, but the back seats themselves were small, and despite there being three seat belts you struggle to get three people in.  Two kids and an adult was OK.  Good reliable car though.

^^^^ That

Qashqais are decent. Obviously I could never condone anyone buying a 4x4 that isn't a Land Rover ;)

But in all seriousness the Qashqais are good cars and I think they're pretty smart looking too.

The Juke, however, looks like someone stepped on it, and th elights on the front are ridiculous, imo. If someone gave me a free Juke, I'd give it back.

Whats wrong with a new Freelandy Trent?

No views or opinions on the Qashqai but Land Rovers are lovely.

I assume the cheques in the post Stevo?

Whats wrong with a new Freelandy Trent?

No views or opinions on the Qashqai but Land Rovers are lovely.

I assume the cheques in the post Stevo?

For you?

I'll pay you to NOT endorse our vehicles...

;)

Â