Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

wouldn't want Smith mainly for the reasons already mentioned, ie he doesn't offer us anything we haven't got in any position. He would also demand pretty high wages, I imagine.

And Troglodyte he would most likely prefer to sign for Spurs! :oops:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Smith is 100% commitment and grit, but he isn't really a striker, and he isn't even a midfielder that's for sure. He isn't a poacher and he isn't very good with his headers. His passing is average and his temper is not good at all. How many times have you seen the defender pass the ball only for Smith to wack him down and get a stupid yellow card? Because of little playing time and injuries he has become more of a forwand and a attacking midfielder, rather than a striker and for me he's nowhere good in any of those positions, sorry to say.

So he's Gavin McCann with Platinum Blonde hair then!!!??? :o:lol: :roll:

No thanks to Smith.If we sign either sneijder,de jong,or swp our midfield will be kinda short.That would surely dent our aerial threat?However most good wingers are short because of their lower centre of gravity and quick turn of foot.

No thanks to Smith.If we sign either sneijder,de jong,or swp our midfield will be kinda short.That would surely dent our aerial threat?However most good wingers are short because of their lower centre of gravity and quick turn of foot.

Chelsea still don't seem to be spending and if the rumours of Robben are going to Madrid are true, I just don't see Mourinho selling SWP.

Chelsea still don't seem to be spending and if the rumours of Robben are going to Madrid are true, I just don't see Mourinho selling SWP.

Ignore this, just read that Robben is close signing a new five year contract. Oops. :P

from OS:

Villa are hoping to pull off a treble coup by signing three of Europe's top rising stars.

Negotiations are ongoing to bring Austrian duo Andreas Weinann and Dominic Hoffbaur in, while Swedish youngster Pontus Jonsson is set for a trial.

The trio, all 16, hope to join Villa's Academy as scouts continue to scour Europe for Barclays Premier League stars of the future.

Weinann is a striker with Rapid Vienna, while Hoffbaur is a wide left midfielder from Sturm Graz. Midfielder Jonsson is currently with Malmo.

Academy director Bryan Jones said: "Negotiations are ongoing with Rapid Vienna for Andreas, but he will definitely be joining us.

"Dominic is coming across in July. The fees for both Austrian players are yet to be decided as discussions are ongoing.

"They both came across for trials for us to have a look at them and Weinann in particular looked impressive.

"He has an eye for a goal and he's an Allan Clarke-like sniffer- one of those players who will score from six yards. He's also got a great touch and looks an excellent prospect.

"Dominic is strong, direct and has some pace and another one who you think has got half a chance.

"As for Pontus, our contact has been tracking for a number of months and we're interested in inviting him across.

"He's a six-foot plus midfielder and the reports we have on him are very positive."

Jones revealed manager Martin O'Neill plays a key role in signing young players.

He added: "Martin is very hands-on, and although he is his very much his own man, he is always available to talk to the young players and their parents when we're showing them around."

click

Anyone know anything about De Jong ?

Because randomly SSN had info about Villa wanting him on the blue bar? ;)

de jong

DM who can play at right back.

If we buy anyone Dutch would rather have Sneidjer but still a good player from what i have seen.

Anyone know anything about De Jong ?

Because randomly SSN had info about Villa wanting him on the blue bar? ;)

Nope cos it was on newsnow and I couldn't be arsed to write the link !

40k a week at the moment, how much would he want here ?