Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Well, never really thought we would get him, but still. It would be nice. And now I'm talking about Owen.

As I understand it, Owen has a clause that means he can leave Newcastle to go to a club playing in europe for £9.5m (provided newcastle are not in europe). Last time I checked we weren't in europe.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, never really thought we would get him, but still. It would be nice. And now I'm talking about Owen.

As I understand it, Owen has a clause that means he can leave Newcastle to go to a club playing in europe for £9.5m (provided newcastle are not in europe). Last time I checked we weren't in europe.

I thought that the clause was about Nwcastle not reaching Europe and nothing to do with the buying team. Anyway, you might be right and it really doesn't matter as he most likely won't come here. MON has probably not even thought about him.

Blumin ek was only messing around :?

And you claim i'm the "wind up"? :crylaugh:

Err well you are Sid, there is difference between joking around and winding up.

Joking around?, no-one's laughing though Jez :oops:

ENOUGH!

Any more of this crap it's getting locked.

I think the clause was that he could leave for something like £9million if Newcastle got into Europe.

I think the clause was that he could leave for something like £9million if Newcastle got into Europe.

Why would he want that clause in there though?

Surely he'd only need a clause to protect his interests, and his interests would be playing in Europe.

I dont think any of us have anything definitive on what his clause is, just a basic overview from what we've been able to pickup here and there. One things for sure though, he'd have to take a pay cut to come here.

I love that site. I mean...

Aston Villa makin a shock move for dejan stankovic, also got his eye on the likes of djibril Cisse, Paul mcshane, giles Barnes, Steve Sidwell, nrc, swp, Scott Parker, Wes Brown and John o shea, bright things ahead for the villa!

Well, they are all as good as signed aint they :lol:

I love that site. I mean...

Aston Villa makin a shock move for dejan stankovic, also got his eye on the likes of djibril Cisse, Paul mcshane, giles Barnes, Steve Sidwell, nrc, swp, Scott Parker, Wes Brown and John o shea, bright things ahead for the villa!

Well, they are all as good as signed aint they :lol:

This is a rumours, speculation and suggestions thread sheriff, and the diversity of names and abilities covers a broad range of targets that should satisfy both the pessimists and optimists amongst us, it certainly made me smile.

The lad who posted all these rumours is certainly not afraid to speculate, fair play to him.