Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I'd prefer Bent to Defoe but I would be very happy with the latters signing also, even if it means the end for LM. We shall have to see.

7 days until the window opens...

7 days???? Really? I thought it was June.

The transfer window is open 365 days of the year. By that I mean we could make a deal with any club for any player we want at every time. But we would have to wait for the next transfer window to get the player registred as a Villa-player.

I'm sure we have done some deals already, or at least been informed of what we have to bid to get the bid accepted.

Officially the player is transfered between July 1st and August 31st or in January, but I think transfers involving Premiership clubs will be announced from the end of the season.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer Bent to Defoe but I would be very happy with the latters signing also, even if it means the end for LM. We shall have to see.

7 days until the window opens...

7 days???? Really? I thought it was June.

The transfer window is open 365 days of the year. By that I mean we could make a deal with any club for any player we want at every time. But we would have to wait for the next transfer window to get the player registred as a Villa-player.

I'm sure we have done some deals already, or at least been informed of what we have to bid to get the bid accepted.

Officially the player is transfered between July 1st and August 31st or in January, but I think transfers involving Premiership clubs will be announced from the end of the season.

Thank you very much.

Put it this way, it dont really matter when the transfer window is.. because if we think about it, MON will have in mind very soon on all the people he wants and is going for.. and i cant see too much of a drag out with getting the new signings to the club because surely MON will want his whole squad inc new signings to all start pre season preparations together surely..

If Spurs let Defoe go I think it will be a mistake in the same way that England's decision to go for someone other than Martin as England manager was. I think we could benefits from Spurs error in much the same way as we have from the FAs. :winkold:

... i cant see too much of a drag out with getting the new signings to the club because surely MON will want his whole squad inc new signings to all start pre season preparations together surely..

He surely will. I doubt that will cut much ice with the players' agents or their current clubs, though.

and i cant see too much of a drag out with getting the new signings to the club because

History suggests otherwise !

History won't repeat itself... Have u familiarised yourself with the new revolution lately? just look how well the january signings went... smooth as silk.. no ifs, no buts, no smokescreens.

Play him from the start and he'll score 1 every 2 games.............. He's done it throughout his career. Defoe is criminally underrated.

Defoe's got 16 (I think) this year so far........

Dont let a certain person hear you talking sense with them stats, apprently they mean f all, dunno how that works really.

Defoe is a fine player and would be a big improvement to our current strike force, we know MON wanted him in last summer, does he still want him?

Any of our resident Spurs fans have any info? Will Bent score tonight against his future team? Defoe leaving could be down to weather Spurs sign Bent or not.

Well Defoe not playing again... seems JOL thinks the same as me!

To be honest you can't drop the Berbatov Keane partnership right now.

Did they or did they not just win the Player of the Month accolade together?!

Don't think Jol would choose anyone right now over them two!

To be honest you can't drop the Berbatov Keane partnership right now.

Did they or did they not just win the Player of the Month accolade together?!

Don't think Jol would choose anyone right now over them two!

Not good enough for Spuds, definitely not good enough for Villa!!

Not saying he is.

Just explaining that maybe Jol isn't thinking like you. His strikeforce clearly chooses itself these days.

Also, if Darren Bent went to Spurs, would he be THIRD choice?! Will he not be in the same position Defoe currently finds himself.

Personally I think we can ALL forget Darren Bent - by ALL I mean (Spurs, Villa, Everton, Portsmouth etc) because Darren Bent will sign for......

Manchester United!

Time will tell.

I rate Bellamy on his day as one of the best in the Prem ,strong, aggresive, fast ,can strike a ball from distance,

Defoe is OK, not quite 10apenny but not outstanding, looks like another footballler who thinks he is a pop star.

If bellamy came I think he'd fit in with our pacey direct attack, just dont know if he would he be happy in rotation system with JC, but we deffently gonna need cover for the big man