Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought it was 6 months not 3 months.

Yeah, I thought six months too, before. But then I think it was someone on here that said it's 6 months for clubs outside England but 3 for clubs inside. Wouldn't make much sense, I know, but that's what I've heard. I think. Then again, 3 or 6 months doesn't really matter in this case. :)

Yeah, I thought it was 6 months not 3 months.

Yeah, I thought six months too, before. But then I think it was someone on here that said it's 6 months for clubs outside England but 3 for clubs inside. Wouldn't make much sense, I know, but that's what I've heard. I think. Then again, 3 or 6 months doesn't really matter in this case. :)

Surely the 6 month v 3 month thing would in itself be a restriction placed on the player, much like the Bosman ruling this is all about. So that wouldn't stand either.....

In terms of a right back how about Jutsin Hoyte from Arsenal, he is young, quick and likes to get forward. Can't see him removing Eboue from the right back position at Arsenal, so he may want to leave.

I think we really need an experienced right back, we have suffered enough with a lack of real quality there for too long now! Except Mark Delaney :P

Posted this in the "Do we need another striker"- thread

I really think we should get one more striker.

I would like Arouna Kone to join the ranks of Aston Villa next season, weren´t we linked with him a couple of weeks ago?

Think he could act as backup for Carew aswell as playing along side of him!

Your thoughts?

And as for Sorensen hes alright for the moment...if we get the Boruc guy then great but hes not a grave concern...

We need a new goalkeeper. Tommy never comes outside his six-yard box, hardly commanding for our defence.

Agree. And there still seem to be some odd communication problems as well. Don't know what he does for the defenders, but he doesn't inspire confidence in me. Yes, he can pull off some good saves - what goalie can't? But over the whole range of his game, on balance, I think we need to do better.

And as for Sorensen hes alright for the moment...if we get the Boruc guy then great but hes not a grave concern...

We need a new goalkeeper. Tommy never comes outside his six-yard box, hardly commanding for our defence.

Agree. And there still seem to be some odd communication problems as well. Don't know what he does for the defenders, but he doesn't inspire confidence in me. Yes, he can pull off some good saves - what goalie can't? But over the whole range of his game, on balance, I think we need to do better.

Perfectly put :)

just read in the mirror we are in for xavier margairaz, a swiss international midfielder and it will probably be around £1.5million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Margairaz

anyone know much about this guy?

He's a midfielder who likes to get stuck in and is Zurich's Player of the Year for the season last season, apparently.

And Steven Davis was ours!!! :P

just read in the mirror we are in for xavier margairaz, a swiss international midfielder and it will probably be around £1.5million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Margairaz

anyone know much about this guy?

He's a midfielder who likes to get stuck in and is Zurich's Player of the Year for the season last season, apparently.

Replacement for McCann? It's about time.

Darren Bent scored an amazing goal yet again this weekend, great composure and excellent strike. Worth 10M easily, I would like us to pay even 13-14M

I'd rather see us spend big on a central defender than 13-14M on Bent - we seem to have more options up front in the current squad than at the back, so would rather strengthen there as a priority, if we have to choose...

--------------------Boruc-------------------

L.Young----Alex-----Distin-----Baines

SWP----Van der vaart--Barton--Pedersen

------------Keane--------Saviola----------

i dont know about you, but would you like a team like this.......

as has been said before...especially since we have money..it seems everyone has become upssessed with strikers....forgetting where big money could be better spent in vital positions on the pitch...such as right back....i would have Michah Richards..12-14 mill....a big midfielder...and a quality defender..as great a slaursen is..unfortunately we cant depend on his fitness......we have priorities at the moment..and a striker is not one of them...

Yes it should be a priority.

1) Carew is not a poacher

2) Moore and Gabby are not ready to be certain starters for a Euro chasing club. Well Moore perhaps, but I wouldn't rely in it

3) Angel is gone and Sutton is 50 years old

4) Young and Maloney are not strikers

5) Bent is available, he is English and he is absolutely talented. Remember, he plays for a shitty club

Darren Bent scored an amazing goal yet again this weekend, great composure and excellent strike. Worth 10M easily, I would like us to pay even 13-14M

Give it a rest. He also missed a sitter in the same match. I don't see anything in him that we don't have in the current squad already.