Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOO! Villa should never buy Man Utd players cos it nearly always goes tits up!

Now thats not always the case, is it?

Agree with you on all the current links though!

If Fulham go down, and IF he proves his fitness again I'd go for Jimmy Bullard

He looked awesome last season for Wigan (and look where they are without him)

He looked like a younger version of (sorry for this) Gobby cabbage and I think that is

what we need.

Good squad addition anyway.

He looked like a younger version of (sorry for this) Gobby cabbage and I think that is

what we need.

The fact that he looks like him doesn't mean he plays like him. They play two completely different role.

I wouldn't say no to him coming here though.

£17 million is out of our price range at the moment

+ plus he wouldn't consider joining us added on to the fact he has his heart set on playing for man u

if we ever are able to afford a 17 - 20 million player i would think it is when martin o'neill has all the players he wants coming up to a pre season and only wants to buy for one position, so can afford to pay big money

at the moment we have to bring in players for many positions, so we won't be blowing major amounts of money on 1 player

Good call. I'd forgot about him, started the season superbly.

Unfortunately I really can't see Fulham going down. Might be worth a bid anyway in the hope the new manager doesn't like him but I doubt that very much.

Unfortunately I really can't see Fulham going down. Might be worth a bid anyway in the hope the new manager doesn't like him but I doubt that very much.

If Sanchez stays Davis and Healy will be his main targets. Is Bullard better than Davis?

If Sanchez stays Davis and Healy will be his main targets. Is Bullard better than Davis?

At the moment, without a doubt.

In the future....who knows?

IMO Bullard would be a great signing!

He would be great company for Laursen and Delaney!!!

I dont think one injury in your whole career classes you as a 'Delaney'.

I wanted him before he went to fulham, but couldnt believe he would leav wigan after the season they had.....it would be like Sidwell leaving Reading.......oh wait

jimmy Bullard a great signing?, i don't think so at all, blimey what on earth would he bring to our team?, we need real class players to move forward not Wigan rejects, a quality young play maker in the mould of Berger would be nice and also a ball playing defensive midfielder, Bullard is none of those.

Linked with Kamara of West Brom for £6million today.

Also, Sky are saying this:

Manchester United, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa are all reported to be hot on the trail of Spartak Moscow starlet Vladimir Bystrov.

The 23-year-old winger is rated as the brightest young talent in Russia and a host of clubs are said to be keeping close tabs on him.

Initial reports suggested two English sides were looking at Bystrov and it is claimed in Russia that they are United and Boro, although Villa have also now been credited with an interest.

Bystrov has a release clause in his contract and it was reported that both United and Boro were close to matching this figure — but the player has denied that he has even thought about leaving Russia.

"I've heard that a few English clubs showed an interest in me but it'll be better to ask my agent about it," Bystrov told the Russian daily Sport.

"My contract with Spartak includes a point that allows me to go to another club if a customer will pay a definite sum for me.

"I didn't think about the possibility to move. But this could be a great chance, I don't think that it'll be worse than staying here."

Spartak general director Sergei Shavlo denied that the club had received any interest from England.

"Nobody from England asked us about Bystrov," Shavlo told Sport Express.

"Spartak isn't planning to sell Bystrov."

Bystrov has emerged as a real force in Russian football since arriving at Spartak in 2005, when they paid Zenit St Petersburg just over £3million for his services.

link

jimmy Bullard a great signing?, i don't think so at all, blimey what on earth would he bring to our team?, we need real class players to move forward not Wigan rejects, a quality young play maker in the mould of Berger would be nice and also a ball playing defensive midfielder, Bullard is none of those.

You cant really class Bullard and Berger as similar targets!

I agree that we need more class or 'panache' in the team but this must be fused with players that will graft at a consistent and high level. I would class bullard in the Parker or dare i say it Ian Taylor type that most good teams need.....i think this also answers what id hope he'd bring to the team!