Nicklas Helenius

bickster

He reminds me of Peter Crouch, not because of his hight, but because of his dribbling style. Slow legs (and pace) but for some reason I always get excited when seeing him coming to field. Hope to see more of him!

I can certainly see why you would say that.

People always put Crouch down for some reason but he was genuinely a good footballer in his prime, scored some cracking goals.

Helenius clearly has skill with his feet and hopefully he'll gain his shooting form like he did in Denmark.

Edited by samjp26

He reminds me of Peter Crouch, not because of his hight, but because of his dribbling style. Slow legs (and pace) but for some reason I always get excited when seeing him coming to field. Hope to see more of him!

I can certainly see why you would say that.

People always put Crouch down for some reason but he was genuinely a good footballer in his prime, scored some cracking goals.

Helenius clearly has skill with his feet and hopefully he'll gain his shooting form like he did in Denmark.

He has got  a good touch for a big man......

Thought he was purchased to replace the alienated Bent. Not sure now why he was purchased when we could have used the money elsewhere. Strange signing.

We signed two of Denmark's hottest prospects, a striker and a centre back, for about £5m combined.

Where else would you have used the estimated £1m spent on Helenius?

• Like 2

Thought he was purchased to replace the alienated Bent. Not sure now why he was purchased when we could have used the money elsewhere. Strange signing.

We bought he because he was a steal. One of he top prospects in the Danish League going for £1m was not going to happen next season so we jumped in and bought him a season early and will wait for him to develop.

We signed two of Denmark's hottest prospects, a striker and a centre back, for about £5m combined.

The money we spent on both Helenius and Kozak should have either gone towards a quality DM or AM. With Benteke injured Gabby could have played the loan front role until Benteke was fit again.

Get over the Darren bent thing! It's been 6 games what did you want 10 hatricks?

I think we're all 'over the Darren Bent thing' and since we're on a restricted budget why spent part of that budget on players who aren't playing in the first team.

The money we spent on both Helenius and Kozak should have either gone towards a quality DM or AM. With Benteke injured Gabby could have played the loan front role until Benteke was fit again.

So who would you have played against Man city, when they were both injured?

Who isn't playing for a first team that badly needed strengthening after a flirtation with relegation on a limited budget.

Last season we had to play all the new players pretty much straight away. This season we've the opportunity to introduce them more gradually.

Just because he's not been thrown in at the deep end from day one does not mean he's not needed or not good enough. A squad needs depth, as last saturdays game shows with Gabby and benteke both out injured.

Excellent point, Morpheus. With the money saved by not buying that obvious flop Helenius, we could have bought almost an eighth of Kiyotake. Lambert out.

Interesting summation of my post.

Struggling to see where i've described Helenius as a flop or asking for Lambert to be sacked.

Maybe if you take the time to read my posts properly you would note that i quoted the combined fee of Helenius and Kozak to pay for either a DM or AM and i didn't mention Kiyotake.  :)

Â