Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

17 hours ago, useless said:

, I wouldn't be swapping Duran for Wilson for example, Wilson will get goals but he's like another Ingsy, Duran way better for the team with his all round game

I think it's a very fair argument that Duran is more valuable on the books than an aging Wilson, but better for the team, at this point in time, than a 1 in 2 goalscorer? Not sure there's a non-Villa fan in the country who'd agree with that

Agreed with the rest though

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

On 15/12/2023 at 05:32, useless said:

I wouldn't be swapping Duran for Wilson for example, Wilson will get goals but he's like another Ingsy, Duran way better for the team with his all round game

That is absolutely mental. Callum Wilson is 5 times the player and I'd drive Duran up there myself if that was an option. I've seen absolutely nothing to convice me that Duran will make it as PL player and the sooner we get a decent back up for Ollie, the better. 

Lack of a back up striker is our weak link and Newcastle are fortunate to have one as good as Wilson. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Durans young and green. He has potential to be better

Has he? I havent seen that at all. Potential to better than Wilson?

Not sure where you are seeing that. All I see is a clumsy young kid at this stage. (1 good goal against Palace aside).

I fully expect him to be loaned out as soon as we get a proper back up striker.

Edited by GlobalVillan

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Apparently the St James park atmosphere is dead today, if Fulham hold on with 10 men then their bubble really can be burst.

I doubt it happens. The ref has all but scored a goal for Newcastle today.

28 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Has he? I havent seen that at all. Potential to better than Wilson?

Not sure where you are seeing that. All I see is a clumsy young kid at this stage. (1 good goal against Palace aside).

I fully expect him to be loaned out as soon as we get a proper back up striker.

To be fair, Duran has just turned 20, at that age Wilson was still at Coventry and getting loaned out to conference sides

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, andym said:

To be fair, Duran has just turned 20, at that age Wilson was still at Coventry and getting loaned out to conference sides

That's all fine, and it doesn't mean Duran WON'T come good, but my point is that I have not seen the "potential" to be better than Wilson at all.

Not yet anyway. And that's what I was debating. 

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's all fine, and it doesn't mean Duran WON'T come good, but my point is that I have not seen the "potential" to be better than Wilson at all.

Not yet anyway. And that's what I was debating. 

Okay, fair enough, but it should be grounds for humility about how much visible 'potential' matters at this stage, to us fans anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Their "crisis" is a bit like Man Uniteds. More or less a perfectly normal season, but disappointing in Europe.

They’re having a worse season in the league than last year though where they were in the top 4 consistently all year. Plus their CL performance is worse than they’d have hoped. Unless they win a domestic cup this season will have at best been treading water for them at this rate rather than progressing which their owners may be unhappy with 

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

They’re having a worse season in the league than last year though where they were in the top 4 consistently all year. Plus their CL performance is worse than they’d have hoped. Unless they win a domestic cup this season will have at best been treading water for them at this rate rather than progressing which their owners may be unhappy with 

They over achieved last season, this season is about the level they are at, European football at best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Rather have wilson than duran as no 2 striker any day depsute the age.

Durans young and green. He has potential to be bettee but right now wilson would better for us where we are as a club

Wilson didn't want to come to us because we couldn't afford his ridiculous wage demands and contact length at the time

Â