Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

6 hours ago, switters said:

Some credit in bank, but that would dwindle quickly with a bad spell over the next month or so. Winning a cup could save him but I could see them lose to Chelsea next week in League cup with current injuries/form and then Sunderland away in FA cup is a banana skin of a draw. 

and then in the league, in-form Fulham at home this weekend is exactly the kind of game you don't want at this moment. Their Christmas fixtures aren't bad but their Jan is tough with Liverpool, City and us..

They do currently have a lot of injuries which will be affecting results.

You can make the case that the injuries are made worse by their style of play but you’d probably want to wait until some of their players are back before making a proper judgement on the manager. 

10 hours ago, useless said:

Newcastle probably going to go for someone like Potter or De Zerbi as Ashworth will have been the one who brought them to Brighton, if they want a big name maybe Pochettino if he leaves Chelsea.

Mourinho

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Didn't watch the game, but it seems like the had the best of it according to normal stats.

Sacking Howe would be hilarious, though.  Hopefully they go for it.

He won’t be sacked yet. But if they fail to get CL for next season he will be sacked, unless they win a cup.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He won’t be sacked yet. But if they fail to get CL for next season he will be sacked, unless they win a cup.

That's exactly the sort of short term thinking that I hope they have, too.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its really not true except for Inter plus he wins trophies

He left spurs , Chelsea and utd in a mess when he left

Won hardly anything at united and flopped at spurs with zero trophies

Edited by Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree Mourinho has been left behind a little bit in terms of style of football, but these points I can't agree with.

Utd - Europa League, League Cup, and 2nd place. Best season since Fergie left. Did go downhill afterwards though.

Spurs - They sacked him before the cup final. Strange decision. He's very good in one off games.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I agree Mourinho has been left behind a little bit in terms of style of football, but these points I can't agree with.

Utd - Europa League, League Cup, and 2nd place. Best season since Fergie left. Did go downhill afterwards though.

Spurs - They sacked him before the cup final. Strange decision. He's very good in one off games.

He should have at least won then a title for the money and team he had.

At spurs there was zero positives. He utterly flopped there

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He left spurs , Chelsea and utd in a mess when he left

2 times he left Chelsea they either got to a Champions League final or won the league the next season. Real Madrid won the Champions League. Spurs had a cup final the week they sacked him. United are a mess in general and he is most successful manager they had since Fergie

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He should have at least won then a title for the money and team he had.

At spurs there was zero positives. He utterly flopped there

I don't agree with the title statement. The two major signings were Lukaku (who I don't think Mourinho ever fancied), and Pogba. He downed tools as a professional, and showed why Fergie was happy to let him go. Still very much a transitional period after Moyes and Van Gaal.

He was the wrong fit for Spurs, but to say he won nothing isn't fair when by rights he'd got them to a cup final and was denied the chance of winning it.

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Similar to Bielsa.

Howe has run them into the ground.

Was never sustainable was it

He over achieved in his first season and I don't think anyone expected them to qualify out of that group or even do as well as they did. People seem very keen to put them down but common sense will tell you they are at least doing as well as expected this season. Nobody was predicting they would finish in the top four again this season. If I was alien face stavley I would be satisfied with how the project is going. CL money coming in to help offset more spending in January and next summer and so far their spending has looked very good. Tonali and Gordon proving to be great buys.

22 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I don't agree with the title statement. The two major signings were Lukaku (who I don't think Mourinho ever fancied), and Pogba. He downed tools as a professional, and showed why Fergie was happy to let him go. Still very much a transitional period after Moyes and Van Gaal.

He was the wrong fit for Spurs, but to say he won nothing isn't fair when by rights he'd got them to a cup final and was denied the chance of winning it.

I think he wanted Lukaku and has just signed him again but Pogba he woukd have hated

Â