Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So your answer if it cant  confirm whether its in or out is to give goal anyway?

Well, two points, no that's not exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying from the one angle you've shown of it, it's not conclusive, because the angle can be misleading. Doubling down on it definitely being out when it's easily reproducible how that angle is unreliable is just odd. With the multiple cameras and the tech in the ball you'd hope they've got more reliable methods to judge it than eyeballing that picture.

But yes, as it happens, if there isn't a good angle to prove it either way, the goal stands. That's not my opinion, it's literally the rule. Similarly offside didn't come into it because they didn't have a good enough angle to draw the lines, which is crazy to me, with so many cameras. But they give it unless they can prove it shouldn't be given.

Personally I think the shove is why it should have been disallowed.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The shove in the back was the most obvious foul - it’s two handed and he’s not even looking at the ball. Whatever the contact, he’s impeding the defender. It’s a foul. 

That’s the only controversy for me. 

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, two points, no that's not exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying from the one angle you've shown of it, it's not conclusive, because the angle can be misleading. Doubling down on it definitely being out when it's easily reproducible how that angle is unreliable is just odd. With the multiple cameras and the tech in the ball you'd hope they've got more reliable methods to judge it than eyeballing that picture.

But yes, as it happens, if there isn't a good angle to prove it either way, the goal stands. That's not my opinion, it's literally the rule. Similarly offside didn't come into it because they didn't have a good enough angle to draw the lines, which is crazy to me, with so many cameras. But they give it unless they can prove it shouldn't be given.

Personally I think the shove is why it should have been disallowed.

I mean the only solution in my eyes then is they have the goal line technology around the whole pitch.  Not sure if thats possible or not but lets just say newcastle finish 4th and arsenal 5th and its a matter of a point these poor/inconclusive decisions could prove costly.

And i agree with your final point thw foul was blatent. I reckon if that was us that goal never would ahve been goven if it was given against the sky 6

Just seen the highlights. 

1. That is never a goal. Even if the ball is deemed in play, which I don't see how it was, it's a clear shove by Joelinton on Gabriel. 

2. What does that Guimaraes have to do to be sent off? The other week he stayed on the pitch when he made 2 bookable challenges and then yesterday just casually sticks his forearm/elbow into the side of someones head. That's a red all day long, it's off the ball and had intent. 

Ridiculous and I can see why Arteta is fuming. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

1. That is never a goal. Even if the ball is deemed in play, which I don't see how it was, it's a clear shove by Joelinton on Gabriel. 

2. What does that Guimaraes have to do to be sent off? The other week he stayed on the pitch when he made 2 bookable challenges and then yesterday just casually sticks his forearm/elbow into the side of someones head. That's a red all day long, it's off the ball and had intent. 

That's the point thats so infuriating its blatant  cheating helping newcastle 

One club is getting away with absolutely everything. They are now the United of the 90s for all the shit they get away with.

You have VAR there is absolutely no excuse. Its corruption ans i stand by arteta why he is so angry

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Arsenal we’re lucky not to be playing the second half with 10 men as Havertz should have been sent off.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That's the point thats so infuriating its blatant  cheating helping newcastle 

One club is getting away with absolutely everything. They are now the United of the 90s for all the shit they get away with.

You have VAR there is absolutely no excuse. Its corruption ans i stand by arteta why he is so angry

It’s not corruption, it’s just shit refs

10 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Guimaraes is out for their next match at least, 5 yellows.

• Like 1

The havertz one rightly or wrongly I can at least see why the ref and VAR (was it checked?) gave what they gave, I liked what someone said in the match thread it was a red card idea with a yellow card execution, if his right leg caught him then it's an all day red but it didn't, the contact with the left wasn't that bad, he wasnt trying to win the ball he was trying to block the ball which is probably why he was off the ground too, stupid but you can see it for what it is

But the Bruno one... What the **** is doing? That's an easy all day red card, ridiculous that it wasn't given, what else is he doing or trying to do other than clatter him? And he wasn't even booked for it?

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He probably should have double that by now. 

Yes I remember the West Ham one, was on a yellow and produced the most tactical foul you can get when one of their CMs was running forward and the ref dosen't even speak to him!

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The havertz one rightly or wrongly I can at least see why the ref and VAR (was it checked?) gave what they gave, I liked what someone said in the match thread it was a red card idea with a yellow card execution, if his right leg caught him then it's an all day red but it didn't, the contact with the left wasn't that bad, he wasnt trying to win the ball he was trying to block the ball which is probably why he was off the ground too, stupid but you can see it for what it is

But the Bruno one... What the **** is doing? That's an easy all day red card, ridiculous that it wasn't given, what else is he doing or trying to do other than clatter him? And he wasn't even booked for it?

Don’t think he got carded either for lunging at Rice’s throat FFS 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Arsenal we’re lucky not to be playing the second half with 10 men as Havertz should have been sent off.

It’s not corruption, it’s just shit refs

Shit refs, shit var? And how many reds has bruno g escaped this season? Sorry not a coincidence for me

25 minutes ago, duke313 said:

VAR is just the same refs who are **** terrible on the pitch sitting watching a screen. They’re just shit, not conspiracy.

FTFY

I've never been a fan of VAR but how PGMOL implement it is absolutely wank but why expect anything different

VAR is the tip of the iceberg, the whole thing needs overhauling

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When are refs going to get fined? In my opinion when they make pathwtic decisions with help of VAR they should be fined 

I’m surprised anyone wants to do it as it is, a thankless and extremely difficult task.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Barcodes fluked a win, strange game which didn't deserve a win.

Trippier was poor again, Guimaraes could have had a red card and their goal too was dubious.

Maybe they didnt deserve to win but they didnt deserve to lose it either. They had more shots on target than Arsenal and had a higher XG

I wouldnt call it a fluke win

Â