Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 26/10/2023 at 21:34, AvfcRigo82 said:

..and now they moan about injuries.

We've had 3 key players missing practically all of this season. Don't hear us moaning though.

“Mings got injured yeah but we smashed you 5-1, injuries don’t make a difference”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but the corruption is just blatent now. How is that given? You have **** VAR. Im sick of this kind of bullshit

There is no excuse for these kind of errors.  None

Screenshot_20231104_204216_Facebook.jpg

Perspective is a confusing thing, that isn't clearly out of play, it's impossible to tell from that image

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Perspective is a confusing thing, that isn't clearly out of play, it's impossible to tell from that image

Thats clear as day to me, thwn you got the clear elbow that isnt a red. Connect the dots...

It’s the angle, there will be a slither of the ball still on part of the line, Be In sports have shown a Hawkeye kind of image.

A very similar situation happened in the World Cup with a Japan goal that effectively put Germany out.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but the corruption is just blatent now. How is that given? You have **** VAR. Im sick of this kind of bullshit

There is no excuse for these kind of errors.  None

Screenshot_20231104_204216_Facebook.jpg

You can't tell from that angle 

• Like 1

The ball being in/out of play is a moot point because the shove on Gabriel was blatant. Joelinton didn't even try and get the ball, was purely focused on fouling the opponent. How VAR can clear that is beyond me. 

And Bruno running around elbowing people and getting no punishment. What a joke. This coming just the week after the penalty they were awarded that was a blatant dive as well. Just how much 'luck' can one team get, eh? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I agree abut the red card, but you're just wrong to be confident about the ball being out, you can't tell, no matter how sure you are. I know me just saying that won't convince you, so I've done a small demonstration to prove it to you.

Please excuse the child's light-up ball as a demonstration tool, and the curry tub in the background. :D 

Here's a ball with a line, towards us is "in". The ball is clearly out of play, you can see grass between the ball and the line.

RoBoPcd.png?1

3Lt3qkX.png

Here it is from the only important angle, one directly above, and it's clearly in. Any angle other than immediately above can be incredibly misleading to the human eye.

nWQDrlz.png

This is a Herculean effort and much respect is due.

That said, I hate you for having this much spare time in your life. You could've been babysitting my kids.

Edited by Vancvillan
spell check is [redacted]
  • Haha 3

Good demo about the perspective of where you view the relationship between the ball and the line, Davkaus.

The camera has to be in the right position to be able to give the correct decision.

This is why almost every "offside" that is checked by VARs is a sham, as rarely is the camera in the perfect position to be correctly judged on or offside. Therefore this becomes subjective decision and open to corruption.

22 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

The ball was probably just about in play but the foul by Joelinton and Gordon being offside should have been plenty to disallow the goal.

Absolutely amazed it was allowed.

Ref was poor all game. How Havertz didn’t get a red I’ll never know

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Don't know why I bothered :) 

You would be moaning if that was given against us. So your answer if it cant  confirm whether its in or out is to give goal anyway?

Should not have been given and thats last thing ill say about it

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You would be moaning if that was given against us. So your answer if it cant  confirm whether its in or out is to give goal anyway?

Should not have been given and thats last thing ill say about it

Reminds me of a manager (Henning Berg of Blackburn and Man Utd fame) in Norway way back when who was livid the ref didn’t give his side a pen for what he thought was a blatant handball in the area. 

Upon being presented with video of the incident in his post-game interview, showing that there had clearly never been any handball, he stuck to his guns replying «yeah, but there’s no way the ref could have seen that it wasn’t handball». 

• Haha 3

I still look at that Newcastle squad and scratch my head at how they have become consistently so good. I thought it was a honeymoon period but it’s getting on for 2 years now. Something doesn’t add up in my mind. 

• Like 4

Â