Christian Benteke

Kwan

So why did we sell Downing for 20million, sometimes I get the feeling that people just think Randy will be an easy salesman on this. Even local journalists such as Moxley and Kendrick have stated that Villa themselves are very calm on the situation as it'll take an offer of above 30million to even get them to talk about it. I'd be very surprised if he is sold for less than 30million.

And anyone shelling out £30m+ for someone who has only had one outstanding season in the Prem is taking a big risk. Some fingers have been burned and lessons learned before, I'd imagine (Plop spring to mind).

This is why AVFC are not worried, if Benteke leaves it will on the their terms not the Sunday Mirrors terms.

Well either way we just need to get it sorted quickly. We don't want to be coming to the last couple of days of the window without really knowing. We need time to bring in replacements if he's going to be sold. It's a shame the window always goes a bit crazy towards the end of it. 

I just cant see why we would sell him. We dont need the money. He will be worth £1m more every goal he scores and has only been here for 1 year after being plucked from relitive obscurity. I think we will rebuff all offers and keep him for another season and then if we dont get a good top half fginsih and he has another good season, probably selel him for £30m. But if we have a good season, who knows, maybe he will see his future with us?

Be a real statment of intent fromt he club if we keep him. After selling our best player pretty much every season in a row under MON and then AM, it would be just so nice if we could keep Benteke this year. He has resigned all our young talent, signed some good players to bulster the squad. 2 jobs done. 2 more to do. off load the over priced squad fillers and keep Benteke. That wuold mean the perfect summer for me.

To be honest if he goes he goes dust yourself off move on i'm sure Lambert will invest the money wisely obv i'd be happy if he stayed but all this will he won't stay drama that has been rumbling on from the moment the final whistle is just making me like him less and less hope this gets sorted soon so we know where we stand in relation to areas on strengthening the team.

• Like 1

Andy Johnson is no Benteke. £40million for Benteke should be the minimum to even answer the phone. 

That's coming from the enraged fan though, not the CFO of Aston Villa FC. As with anything else related to the business of our club, a sale of this player would have to be discussed from what is best for our future. If he wants to stay and we get low bids, well then there is no argument. If he has said to our manager that he wants to leave if possible, then the other club will know that a long time ago and the price would meet the market. 40M is ridiculous, we have never had a player worth that much and probably never will. We got him for 7M and he has scored 19 league goals, his fee is probably near 25M and that almost 4x the amount we paid, a fee that will please our board to matter what. As for all our big players over the last few years and the inevitable sales, this time around I don't feel there is a sale looming at all. He has in no way gone out and hinted he wants to leave and we don't really "need" the money like some drenched up club from France struggling to pay their monthly wages. I have a good feeling he will stay, at least for another year.

I'm anything but enraged. I said it because I watched Benkeke all season and he blew my **** mind. Benteke is a beast with 3 years left on his contract. £40 million please :)

So why did we sell Downing for 20million, sometimes I get the feeling that people just think Randy will be an easy salesman on this. Even local journalists such as Moxley and Kendrick have stated that Villa themselves are very calm on the situation as it'll take an offer of above 30million to even get them to talk about it. I'd be very surprised if he is sold for less than 30million.

And anyone shelling out £30m+ for someone who has only had one outstanding season in the Prem is taking a big risk. Some fingers have been burned and lessons learned before, I'd imagine (Plop spring to mind).

This is why AVFC are not worried, if Benteke leaves it will on the their terms not the Sunday Mirrors terms.

pity thought that 12million plus Defoe they negotiated was a bargain  :lol:

every single time i log onto this site i hear..

''has christian benteke played his last game for aston villa...''

thanks to that annoying advertisement i get pop up on the site, same one time after time. Really puts me on a downer :-(

i hope to god we get another season out of him before he moves on. Luckily there seem to be lots of other big strikers who have been signed or are potentially on the move this summer that might end up helping us keep him (Rooney, Higuain, Lewandowski, Tevez, Torres, David Villa, Cavani etc) He has come on so much last season. He has everything, and when he does go, i am expecting 25-30 mill minimum. The guy is made for the premiership. Good finisher, quick feet, good first touch, and is built like Drogba. He is built for this league, and i can see a huge bidding war if he stays for another year, scores another 20 goals and does well at the world cup (hard not to in such a good Belgium team with the service he will get). If that pans out, then i can see us getting above 30 mill no problem, so we cannot lose either way.

Â