Christian Benteke

Kwan

I honestly think we needed to sign a striker for next season even without the Benteke injury. How many Premier League goals have Gabby and Weimann scored between them? 5/6

Edited by PaulC

It's a difficult one really this, ideally you get in a good striker in to fill the void but what happens when Benteke comes back.

Well the bloke always seems to be heading for the exit door to various clubs anyway he will probably come back bag a brace then hand in a transfer request in the following window

I honestly think we needed to sign a striker for next season even without the Benteke injury. How many Premier League goals have Gabby and Weimann scored between them? 5/6

To be fair, how many times have Gabby or Weimann played in a striker's position this season? Probably 5 or 6 times.

It's a difficult one really this, ideally you get in a good striker in to fill the void but what happens when Benteke comes back.

Well the bloke always seems to be heading for the exit door to various clubs anyway he will probably come back bag a brace then hand in a transfer request in the following window

I've seen/heard no hints about him heading for the exit door this season.  Even his agent seems to have kept very quiet since last summer.

To be fair, how many times have Gabby or Weimann played in a striker's position this season? Probably 5 or 6 times.

Gabby has played quite a few games as a striker but Weimann not so much.

I don't think Gabby has either, has he? They've both played wide. Wide forward/ winger, whatever you want to call it, it's not the same as playing down the middle and getting into goalscoring positions.

Sad news for the player, his country and for our football club.

This will be a World Cup that Belgium can do very well in but they will miss him as will we.

I am less concerned that it may cost him a "dream move" and if our summer transfer spending was going to be backed by the sale of our best player alone I have difficulty in seeing how that would move us forward as a football club.

So the ball is in the owner's court. How about bringing in someone like Lukaku in the summer along with a couple of others for say £30-£35m to play alongside a fit again Benteke? It might have him wanting to stick around and us winning a few more home games next season.

In any case get well soon Christian you will be much missed in Brazil and at Villa Park.     

• Like 1

I don't think Gabby has either, has he? They've both played wide. Wide forward/ winger, whatever you want to call it, it's not the same as playing down the middle and getting into goalscoring positions.

Gabby only plays wide when we play 4-3-3 and we've only played that formation in 15 league matches this season.

Wherever you're reading those stats (because you can't know those figures), I don't agree with them, and I don't need them. By watching Aston Villa play, I am confident that Gabby has played wide for at least 90% of the games he's played in this season.

Doesn't matter where Gabby or Wiemann play they are dirt.

Were you saying that last season when Gabby's goals pushed us away from relegation? (double at Norwich, for example)

Wherever you're reading those stats (because you can't know those figures), I don't agree with them, and I don't need them. By watching Aston Villa play, I am confident that Gabby has played wide for at least 90% of the games he's played in this season.

Eh? You don't need to look at stats to know that we haven't played 4-3-3 as often this season.

Gabby tends to come up trumps when it matters. This season will be no different #top12

Like when it mattered during the run-in during the McLeish season and he offered absolutely nothing you mean? Total myth.

Gabby tends to come up trumps when it matters. This season will be no different #top12

Like when it mattered during the run-in during the McLeish season and he offered absolutely nothing you mean? Total myth.

The thing that mattered in that run in was the we got rid of that winphobic virus. EA said "tends". He's not a guaranteed clutch performer (nobody is) but he's shown time and again he's got big game temperament.

Â