Christian Benteke

Kwan

Benteke withdrew his request because clubs saw it as a gamble paying 25 million for a player with one good season.

The premier league is littered with players who looked fantastic for a season, I think as Villa fans we feel we know Benteke is different and it's only a mater of time when he plays on the biggest stage, but he won't be going this summer as if teams wouldn't want to pay 25 million, they aren't going to want to pay more than that.

Well her's my two penneth ! 

I am 90 % sure he's staying and all the signs on our side of the fence are now very good. However IF 

Spurs sell Bale to RM they could come back with 40 mill. and I THINK that could tempt Lerner to sell. OR 

If Arsenal fail to land Suarez and have got used to the idea of spending 40 mill they could turn there attentions to Benteke. (especially if he gets a hat trick at the emirates).

Just saying like,

Roll on September 2nd - or whenever the deadline actually is.

UTV

I am 90 % sure he's staying and all the signs on our side of the fence are now very good. However IF 

Spurs sell Bale to RM they could come back with 40 mill. and I THINK that could tempt Lerner to sell. OR 

If Arsenal fail to land Suarez and have got used to the idea of spending 40 mill they could turn there attentions to Benteke. (especially if he gets a hat trick at the emirates).

Just saying like,

UTV

Spurs are also close (apparently) to signing Soldado though. 

I can't believe people are even thinking hypothetically about Benteke leaving this summer! It's not going to happen!

Stop talking about it! You're ruining transfer window time for me!

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just saying like,

UTV

Spurs are also close (apparently) to signing Soldado though. 

Adeybayour is still in turkey he's maybe gone ? the'll need more than soldado,dempsy and defoe you know - they are a CL team after all.....? :rolleyes:

I think you read his response wrong Morpheus. He's quoting you saying 'just didn't meet'.  He's not saying that your words didn't meet.

^

Also Morpheus, you stated yourself that you were concerned. After examining the probabilities, it doesn't take a crystal ball to conclude your concern is unnecessary and excessive.

Yep i was reading your post wrongly so my apologies concerning 'just didn't meet.'

I will ask you again where have i stated in my post that i was excessively concerned. I mean its a simple question or is it that your conclusion is just based on assumption and therefore putting words in posters mouths.

If arsenal wanted Benteke so badly they would have bid 25m£ when they had the chanse the deadline is over Benteke has extended his contract so all potentially offers will be rejected.

Would you say then BG if an offer came in for him which was in the region of say the Carroll transfer the club would reject it?

If arsenal wanted Benteke so badly they would have bid 25m£ when they had the chanse the deadline is over Benteke has extended his contract so all potentially offers will be rejected.

Would you say then BG if an offer came in for him which was in the region of say the Carroll transfer the club would reject it?
I know the answer for BG - he would say "who cares! Because he has signed a new contract and there is no point in thinking about it until next year"

Am I right Belgian Guy?

Edited by Tayls

Would you say then BG if an offer came in for him which was in the region of say the Carroll transfer the club would reject it

The've missed out on one striker already, the suarez deal is a long way off sorted if liverpool want 50 mill so given that the season start is now on the horizon (especially there

first game) who knows what they might do ?? stranger things have happened and when was it that our christian arrived at villa park exactly   ?

What's set off this new talk of Benteke leaving?

People are just still worrying for some unknown reason instead of just enjoying the fact we have our main goal getter for at least another season.

I think you read his response wrong Morpheus. He's quoting you saying 'just didn't meet'.  He's not saying that your words didn't meet.

^

Also Morpheus, you stated yourself that you were concerned. After examining the probabilities, it doesn't take a crystal ball to conclude your concern is unnecessary and excessive.

Yep i was reading your post wrongly so my apologies concerning 'just didn't meet.'

I will ask you again where have i stated in my post that i was excessively concerned. I mean its a simple question or is it that your conclusion is just based on assumption and therefore putting words in posters mouths.

Apology accepted.

You stated you were concerned. I examined the probabilities of the scenarios you listed as your concern. Scenarios which are possible but very unlikely. I equated it to being concerned about dying when driving; something possible but unlikely enough to deem talking about death whilst driving as excessively concerned. When making my analogy I did so hoping that you drive, knew of the possibilities of dying whilst driving but didn't think of a need to state your concern about it.

You expressed your concern, I and some others questioned the validity of it. As you expressed your concern on an open forum I thought you would be open to discussion on it. I don't know if you enjoy your level of concern (excessive, unnecessary, call it what you want), but don't see what purpose it serves. I do appreciate your right to be as concerned as you want to be about Benteke leaving in the next few weeks, but don't be surprised if it's validity is questioned on an open forum.

What's set off this new talk of Benteke leaving?

Well simply put the transfer window is not yet closed and there will be some teams selling players that they don't want to ( eg rooney bale suarez maybe ) and the proceeds would

finance knock on purchases which affect what could happen to our highly rated striker.

hmm 40 millions£? well i think it will be considered but at the end rejected.

The letter i is most prevalent in your post brommy which is assumption and nothing else.

You seem to be fixated with levels of concern rather than the actual point of my concern which is that there is still a possibility that Benteke may leave our club if the right offer should materialise before the window shuts. To not be at least open to that possibility which is the purpose of my concern when you consider Benteke's attitude when leaving Genk, when mentioning Arsenal at the start of his tenure here and then putting a transfer request in after just one season while there may also be other clubs with money coming in with late bids is very naive.

Your other comments about being open to discussion on a forum is exactly what we are presently doing, debating the point and again where have i said in my posts that i was excessively concerned?  

hmm 40 millions£? well i think it will be considered but at the end rejected.

Do you think it would be rejected on the basis of there not being enough time to replace him BG?

Â