Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't rate Christian as highly as many others on here, but as Mr Lambert has pointed out the challenge of finding another player like him would have been immense. Not only the ability to play the lone striker, the presence to create space for our speedy wide players to take advantage of and also the goals? Would have been nigh on impossible. 

I have to hand it to Christian here too. I suspected he may stay against his will, but the second the deadline passed and after a chat with the manager he's not only staying, but he's committed too. He could have dragged this out and made it impossible for us but instead unlike players of the past (Barry I'm looking at you) he's put his head down and got on with it. He made a big mistake there, but fair play he's going to make up for it I'm sure. 

If he can carry his late season form on over a full season we're looking at a 30 goal striker. Then £50m. 

I have a slightly different opinion.

He really pissed me off, with his transfer request ,but I can understand his quest for a better deal.

on the players abilities... I think he has shown us a fraction of  what he is ultimately capable of ...he is still raw and learning his trade, but despite that scores 19 league goals in a team struggling to stay in the division.

I think he is potentially a massive talent.....We can now sit back and enjoy, for at least one more season.

The boy is awesome imo

I'm absolutely delighted that we've managed to secure Benteke for at least another year. It shows the rest of the league that we are not going to be bullied.. all of this from Levy of 'oh we'll just wait until the last minute and they're desperate to get him cheap' has failed. We may not be pushing for Champions League, we may not be the richest club out there.. but our fans are going into the new season with key players extending contracts, exciting new signings and a genuine buzz about the new season. Spurs, who a week ago were the 'big boys' have their fans currently shitting themselves at the loss of their best player, their manager, and their biggest 3 transfer targets slipping away.

Who would you rather support?

They may finish above us next year. But I'm so proud to be a Villa fan right now, and nothing any Spurs fan can bang on about about them being a 'big club' can convince me otherwise.

Give it a few seasons, and maybe we will be finishing above them. After all, if they lose AVB to Barce and Bale to Utd..

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

How come the ITK's didn't know about this one? Jesus anyone on here or twitter who claim things days in advance are quite simply full of shit.

The contract will clearly have a buy out clause in it, lets hope its north of 20mill and we're still win win!

With Spurs' rumoured 18mill bid rejected, that shit owner and chief exec did okay again uh?

The conclusion of the Benteke Saga:

Summary:

"Benteke is left burnt by Levy and Spurs after they don't even lodge a bid for him. Paul Lambert finds a weak Benteke and takes him to BMH, where he treats his wounds and the beast is born. He wakes and asks whether he can have the Number 9 shirt because Bent is leaving, Paul Lambert replies "unfortunately in your anger you didn't turn up for pre season in Germany and it was given to Helenius". Benteke meets this with disapproval. He and Paul Lambert stand outside VP watching its completion for the new season."

The end. 

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 3

Happy that he's staying. But his goals will taste bittersweet from now on. I prefer to be under the illusion that our players actually wants to play for the club and have some affinity towards it and the fans. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

Happy that he's staying. But his goals will taste bittersweet from now on. I prefer to be under the illusion that our players actually wants to play for the club and have some affinity towards it and the fans. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

Let's see how he celebrates/how we all react when he smashes a few past Arsenal next month ey ;)

• Like 1

Vf1970, let it go this vendetta against people who get share what information they know or have come across.

Just because people get bits and pieces on some things of does not mean they get told about everything, there may be good reasons why they don't by the way and one may be simply availability. I seems to get to you a lot as you seem to make lots of posts having a go at those people , just let it go man and if they do post stuff (and I'd be amazed why they would want to bother anymore to be honest) take it with a pinch of salt if you want, or enjoy what they post

• Like 3

Fair play that you appreciate that its an illusion, 9 times out of 10 its just for the money. The same old example, someone offered you a new job double your wages 9 times out of 10 you would take it.

Its just a job for these guys and its certainly not going to get any better. The more people buying season tickets of getting BT and Sky will only fuel it further.

the fact that he has signed a new contract and has said what he has should be good enough for you. They are professional at the end of the day

Vf1970, let it go this vendetta against people who get share what information they know or have come across.

Just because people get bits and pieces on some things of does not mean they get told about everything, there may be good reasons why they don't by the way and one may be simply availability. I seems to get to you a lot as you seem to make lots of posts having a go at those people , just let it go man and if they do post stuff (and I'd be amazed why they would want to bother anymore to be honest) take it with a pinch of salt if you want, or enjoy what they post

They don't exist though, its all lies. Unless your Lambert that is!

They are posting for the attention, because if you are told anything then it could always change. E.g I could know someone who is friends with a player, Villa try and sign them i say Villa tried then nothing happened, it collapsed. I told everyone for attention in the first place rather than just waiting and seeing.

Â