Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

I for once can't wait until the transfer window closes.

No I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. He's here for the next season. If a club was prepared to pay £25m for him then why were there no bids for him when he submitted a transfer request?

Just did my own little bit of winding up.  Feel that we owe them just a little bit.....

No big deal.
Certainly not gonna lose any sleep over this. The guys agent got what he wanted. Can only see Benteke flopping this season. Second season syndrome beckons. We'll see who's laughing at the end of the season.
Small little midlands club.

Replies

• anon36.png

First up I would like to introduce you to the word Tautology.

Secondly the end of the season is a very long way away and I am laughing right now. Laughing pretty darn hard too.

The only thing you said that rings true is "No big deal".

Sounds like a typical Spurs summer.......

• Like 1

Sorry for still being a pessamist guys but after years of supporting villa I'm used to expecting the unexpected. After we hired Mcliesh I believe anything can happen.

No I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. He's here for the next season. If a club was prepared to pay £25m for him then why were there no bids for him when he submitted a transfer request?

Hang on. So you are telling me nothing can change from now until next September? With all due respect mate you also said my post was ridiculous when I said we were gonna be fighting relegation next season.

The fact that Lambert doesn't respond properly to the 'will you bring in any more players' question, makes me think that we will. Pretty sure if we weren't after anybody he would outright say it.

Think it depends who leaves.

Hang on. So you are telling me nothing can change from now until next September? With all due respect mate you also said my post was ridiculous when I said we were gonna be fighting relegation next season.

With regards to Benteke? No, not much will change. I'd agree with you if he'd merely retracted his transfer request but he's also signed a new contract. He's staying for the season. Get over it.

What I'm most happy about now is the fact that every one of our players that we would've been annoyed about losing this Summer, is tied down with a new contract.

That means that between now and September, nothing 'bad' can happen. No deadline day swoops, no drawn out transfer saga. It's all done and dusted before August.

Thank you Paul Lambert.

• Like 2

All the stars aligned and Benteke signed a contract. We could always get him to stay if we played hard ball it was just a case of will we accept the financial risk if we decided too.

The facts are he is on a very low wage and we could afford him to sit in the reserves for a year.

There is a World Cup coming up in which Belgium have a genuine chance of winning.

He has 3 years left on his contract. We would be able to sell him for a decent amount next year even if he doesn't play a single minute this season.

It seems to me we simply said, you stay, work hard, go to the World Cup and join a bigger club than Spurs next season or you rot in our reserves and ruin your career along with your World Cup dream.

Well done Lerner and co for doing the right thing for Villa.

The downside of this is that the only way we will keep him next summer is if we qualify for CL... even if we do that he may not stay.

Yes I think most of us aren't exactly sure how it works but signing a new contract is a statement and this usually means most other clubs will stay away. I think it would be unprecedented for a player to sign a new contract then move in the same window. It's just not the done thing. He could of course leave later down the line I though I think even January would be too early. Henry IIRC signed again for Arsenal then left in the next window...that's the last one I can remember. 

Edited by supernova26

No chance him moving this season now. Any suitors would have been sounded out before he signed a new deal - If against all odds a bid did come in now - I don't believe CB would be interested.

One question though........................who is hairy hands ?

People should understand he will be staying for now but few goals in season he scores and he put him self back on the market. I bet he thought to his self i need to stay here for one more season. 

With regards to Benteke? No, not much will change. I'd agree with you if he'd merely retracted his transfer request but he's also signed a new contract. He's staying for the season. Get over it.

What is your problem mate? I'm posting my thoughts on a forum. Why have you got to tell me 'to get over it' as if I'm hoping Bentake still leave.

You need to learn how to speak to people and stop being a keyboard warrior all the time.

No chance him moving this season now. Any suitors would have been sounded out before he signed a new deal - If against all odds a bid did come in now - I don't believe CB would be interested.

One question though........................who is hairy hands ?

Thanks for adding your thoughts without telling me my comment is ridiculous or to get over it. You're probably right mate but ill still feel better when the window closes.

For now ill celebrate and crack open another beer :)

£25mil was being floated around as the fee after the transfer request-If somebody wants to offer £35mil now they can feel free!

I think the thing here Amo is that Benteke & his agent were aware of who was in for him.Its unlikely that any of the top 4 will gamble on a 22 year old with 1 season in the prem behind him.Now that we've upped his salary & tied him down for another year on top,the asking fee goes up accordingly-If no-one came in at the reported £25mil,they won't come in at £35mil.Chill out & enjoy the summer,CB is going nowhere.

Haha i do remember the David Unsworth saga, anything can happen at Villa but Big Ben is here to bang in the goals next season. No worries. Gabby, Benteke, Weimann, Helenius hmmmmm mouth watering

+ Tonev + AM (assume once Bent and/or Ireland and/or Given and/or Hutton are gone????) tasty indeed.

Still feel a little miffed about the whole transfer request thing, and the fact that we responded by giving him a wage hike. Anyway, should he stay for 2-3 more years and score 20+ goals a season I will forget this as a blip in the road!

Â