Christian Benteke

Kwan

This isn't championship manager this is real life. This guy has got the chance of moving to a big club trying to win things and even come a world great. On top of that he could probably quadruple his wages. Do you really think he will blow that chance of loyalty for a team he has played for for one year? Give me a break.

If anyone of us were in the same position we'd be looking to do the same.

Thank you and good luck Bentake.

You lot are acting like we are being hard done by. He kept us up which was probably worth about 100m and now we will prob get another 25m on top.

Everyone's a winner here.

The fact he helped us stay up is why he's worth more than £25m. 

Benteke owes his career to Lambert picking him over an established £24m striker.

He hasn't earned the right this summer to leave just because he helped us stay up and wants too.

You lot are acting like we are being hard done by. He kept us up which was probably worth about 100m and now we will prob get another 25m on top.

Everyone's a winner here.

Hey, my wife kept me sane when I felt I was going under with work stress not long back, and she's given me two kids on top.

If she decided to leave me for a rich cockney I'd still be gutted rather than counting the positives.

(I haven't thought this through, but I'm fairly confident my wife will never find out I've made this analogy so at least I'm safe on that score...)

I think alot of people need to realize just cos he's handed in a transfer request don't mean he's going, if no-one meets our valuation we aint got no real rush to sell as he still has what 2/3 years on his contract, he aint going to risk kicking up a fuss in a world cup year if stuck here, so could still end up him starting for this season helping us push up the table where if we do then sell him, we'll be in a better position to attract better strikers and still get a good if not better price if he proves hes not a one season wonder .... If was lerner/ lambert I'd simply say he's handed in a request, so you meet our 40 million tag and he's yours or sling your hook ... and if he does kick up a fuss we can easy afford just by offloading ireland or bent to leave him in reserves for 20k a week ....

You say he owes Lambert for playing him over an established striker but if he hadnt we would be a championship side now. Lambert played him cuz he was class, not because he was loyal to him. He is well within his right to ask for a move.

25m for a guy that has had one half decent season in a top league and who failed to hit the target in 21 of his games played is great business for the club.

I think he will be wank next season, teams will shut him out. If we get big money then its all good. I think we will be better off without him. Sell him now it will be better for Villa in the long run.

In real life if I sign a contract I'm generally expected to honour it, football isn't real life the players have way too much power now, used to be the other way round but the pendulum has swung way too far the other way. It would be great if an owner took this to the European court and won a la Bosman. I'm not sure of the law on this in particular but an EU employment lawyer I know said that if clubs took FIFA to the court over international friendlies then the clubs would be very likely to win.

In real life if I sign a contract I'm generally expected to honour it, football isn't real life the players have way too much power now, used to be the other way round but the pendulum has swung way too far the other way. It would be great if an owner took this to the European court and won a la Bosman. I'm not sure of the law on this in particular but an EU employment lawyer I know said that if clubs took FIFA to the court over international friendlies then the clubs would be very likely to win.

You are also allowed to leave with a notice period. Football is not the real world.

No player would risk joining Aston Villa again.

It is in our interest to get a good fee and move on with our summer strengthening. Forget about Benteke and what he does with the rest of his career.

25m for a guy that has had one half decent season in a top league and who failed to hit the target in 21 of his games played is great business for the club.

I think he will be wank next season, teams will shut him out. If we get big money then its all good. I think we will be better off without him. Sell him now it will be better for Villa in the long run.

Past suggests this could happen. Which is probably why he wants his dream move while he can.

A shit second season and he could be stuck with us and we with him.

Edited by Amo69

If Benteke's season was seriously to be described as half decent what the bloody hell do you think is a decent season or god forbid a great one?

Also you're pretty optimistic in him being rubbish next season. He seems to have all the attributes to be one of the best in the game in the next few years in his position.

Of course we can always show blind ignorance and hate towards him, your choice. Lets face facts though he's a player we'd rather keep and have loyal as he certainly would push us further to where we once were.

You say he owes Lambert for playing him over an established striker but if he hadnt we would be a championship side now. Lambert played him cuz he was class, not because he was loyal to him. He is well within his right to ask for a move

Class is permanent form is temporary.  we will see just how big an impact PL was on Benteke in the next year or 2 when he is playing under different managers and different stresses. 

No doubt he was amazing this year for us but that doesnt guarantee anything in the future. He has shown to me that he might have a bad attitude and still quite immature so we will see how he gets on when thigs get tough for him.

I don't believe his departure would hurt us irreparably. Theres a different momentum/feel to the side these days and he will be replaced.

What I do think it would do is put a temporary spoke in Lamberts wheel, in that his plans to develop the team to mirror his own ethos will have been given a pretty hefty kick in the nether regions.

What happens next could give us some insight into PL, the manager.

Notice periods work both ways, it means they could get rid of me too. Footballers can sit on their fat backsides if they so choose

You are also allowed to leave with a notice period. Football is not the real world.

Edited by Adamus

Â