Christian Benteke

Kwan

I expect him to sign in the next week otherwise I think he'll be off. There's no excuse not to get this sorted ASAP now.

he doesn't have to sign anything he still got 3 years left i think the problem is that they might offer him a salary rise but they want to extend his contract with 2 years. i don't know this for sure but it is a possibility.

Well, if he goes, tripling the initial investment on Tekkers will make selling Bent for less than a third of what we paid for him a little easier to bear.

Please stop calling him "Tekkers"! This isn't the appalling Soccer AM!

I second that.

What makes you think he wants to go? For someone who supposedly wants to leave he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

For someone who supposedly wants to stay he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

What makes you think he wants to go? For someone who supposedly wants to leave he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

For someone who supposedly wants to stay he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

I still say he's open to all opportunities

Wouldnt that indicate that he may not want to stay?

I never specifically said I thought he wanted to stay. He's probably happy to stay but also open to leaving if the right club comes in for him.

He's got 3 years left on his contract with Villa and back in pre-season training.

Oh well then - the most indication a player could ever give for wanting to stay.

I never specifically said I thought he wanted to stay. He's probably happy to stay but also open to leaving if the right club comes in for him.

Never said you did, and I wasnt disagreeing with your point. Im just saying that whilst he is not showing much 'concrete' indication he wants to leave, there is also not much that indicates he wants to stay. 

I hope it's decided soon, mainly so every time I open this thread the same old recycled sh1t isn't continually whirring round.

I've given up contributing until something actually happens :D

Never said you did, and I wasnt disagreeing with your point. Im just saying that whilst he is not showing much 'concrete' indication he wants to leave, there is also not much that indicates he wants to stay. 

Which would point to what I just said - he's happy to stay but open to leaving if the right offer comes in.

• Like 1

I still say he's open to all opportunities

Wouldnt that indicate that he may not want to stay?

Woodytom, I went to reply with my own words but read that Mantis had put it perfectly, thus:

he's happy to stay but open to leaving if the right offer comes in.

Can you explain why this circumstance appears not to be even a consideration to you?

• Like 1

Even so, I still feel we should wrap this up sooner than quicker. I know that Benteke has a lot of coming at him and this is a life changing thing for him but it is important that we have attacking options fixed up before it`s too late. We don`t wanna bring in a backup for Benteke in August, we should have him training with the new signings. But I expect they will have talks soon, so we will see whats gonna happen. I hope he goes overseas if he decides to leave at least :-/

Even so, I still feel we should wrap this up sooner than quicker.

How?

Accept an early bid of around £20m?

Offer him a contract which is too good for him to refuse but we can't afford to sustain?

It's easy to claim Villa should have this sorted by now and if was purely up to the club it would be sorted by now.

A kid on twitter got a pic with him after training today, as well as other players.

He says he asked him if he's staying (just like anybody else would) and Benteke said he is. He also looks very happy in the photo with his home boy Sylla.

Maybe he's signed the ting.

Edited by samjp26

Â