The 2013 FAQ Answer Thread

samjp26

As I see similar questions popping up over and over again on here, I figured we may as well set some of the FAQ's and their answers as a means to stop having the same stuff spoken about over and over again. That way, when a question is asked yet again, the person asking can be simply forwarded here rather than a discussion being reiterated.

I figured it would be a good idea, maybe I am wrong, in which case feel free to slate me.

Here are a few to begin, if anybody else has anything then go ahead and add them on I guess:

Q. When does the Genting sponsorship deal expire?
A. It expires in July, meaning we will have a new sponsor on our shirt next season.

Q. How much did X cost / how much does X earn / how long is X's contract?
A. Here is a list of the transfer fees paid, weekly wage amounts and contract lengths for our current squad, based on the most reliable information possible. If anybody can provide more solid information it will be appreciated:

TF = Transfer Fee

WW = Weekly Wage

CE = Contract Ends

Q. Does Benteke have a release clause in his contract?
A. No.

Q. Does Benteke support Arsenal?
A. Maybe, but he has never publicly stated this and has only said he used to watch teams like Arsenal as a boy and Henry was one of his favourite players.

---

(I plan to collate the wages/fees of all players in our squad as these are often questioned also.)

Edited by samjp26

As I see similar questions popping up over and over again on here, I figured we may as well set some of the FAQ's and their answers as a means to stop having the same stuff spoken about over and over again. That way, when a question is asked yet again, the person asking can be simply forwarded here rather than a discussion being reiterated.

I figured it would be a good idea, maybe I am wrong, in which case feel free to slate me.

Here are a few to begin, if anybody else has anything then go ahead and add them on I guess:

A. It expires in July, meaning we will have a new sponsor on our shirt next season.

Q. How much did X cost / I heard X cost £Y?

A. Despite wide-spread figures in the papers, Lowton has been revealed as a £1m signing, Westwood and Sylla both costing less than £1m and Benteke costing around £5m.

A. No.

---

(I plan to collate the wages/fees of all players in our squad as these are often questioned also.)

Yes - but which source do we believe ? - 

A. Despite wide-spread figures in the papers, Lowton has been revealed as a £1m signing, Westwood and Sylla both costing less than £1m and Benteke costing around £5m.

A. No.

---

When I am in front of a computer I will collect the sources too (predominately from Lambert's mouth via OS etc.)

Q) When does the transfer window open and when can we sign players?

A) It opens July 1st, but we can sign a player at any time, the registration of that player is just finalised on July 1st.

A. No.

---

When I am in front of a computer I will collect the sources too (predominately from Lambert's mouth via OS etc.)

But the vast majority of the press reported Lowton @ £3m and Bentekke @ £7m ? - youve loped £2m off each of those

Â