2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

Yeah JB, I was really looking forward to this decider after last week. But it's now thrown away the spirit of the Lions in a win at all costs, "pick my lads" scenario. Which really deflates the rest of us. 

I want to get excited I want to be as happy as ever if we win, but it's gonna be forgotten win or lose by me and many others the moment we leave the pub at 2pm. Such a shame, given I wish death and agony on Ronan O'Gara for the last lions tour and he's Irish. that's what it meant losing the 2nd test 4 years ago.

Now sadly I don't care. Wish I did. But I can't control how I feel. 

Lets not be churlish, a Lions tour win any tour win is special and one in Australia is for many myself included the most special. If we win on Saturday I will be delighted I really will especially after having been on the 2001 and having been devastated by their turn around. Don't even get me started on O'Gara.

All that said though, the treatment of waltzing McDriscoll, one of the greatest ever lions really does leave a bitter taste and will do regardless of the result at the weekend.

I agree with much of the last few posts though.

I don't know about that. If BOD had been awful in the first two tests, or had been outplayed by Davies then I don't think I'd mind quite so much. I'd have been all for dropping him if I genuinely thought it would make us more likely to win.

Whereas, the fact that he's being very unfairly dropped, with several undeserving Welsh players waltzing into the side, together with the style of rugby played, leaves a bitter taste.

The article is from Irish Times. But points out how the Lions lacks a real fan base without the individual Nations investing in their players.

We care 1000 times more about BOD than any Lions tour. The man is universally loved by us Irish. The fact he's the most consistently brilliant player of his generation is only half of it.

For us this tour was about BOD and O'Connell. Despite what we wanted to think. Now we see the Wales coach pick as Welsh a team as possible. To be honest only the Welsh should care about tomorrow's result.

We'll watch, but there will be no lasting memory pain or happiness by 3pm.

Yeah fair enough, I can see where you're coming from. I know that my interest will certainly be piqued if Cole, Youngs, Farrell or particularly Tuilagi get on the pitch :).

Edited by JB

The article is from Irish Times. But points out how the Lions lacks a real fan base without the individual Nations investing in their players.

We care 1000 times more about BOD than any Lions tour. The man is universally loved by us Irish. The fact he's the most consistently brilliant player of his generation is only half of it.

For us this tour was about BOD and O'Connell. Despite what we wanted to think. Now we see the Wales coach pick as Welsh a team as possible. To be honest only the Welsh should care about tomorrow's result.

We'll watch, but there will be no lasting memory pain or happiness by 3pm.

i think I agree with this. There is no way he should not even make the bench. As for the welsh contingent, Had Wales run away with the 6 nations perhaps then he had a point, but I don't think they were that better than the others

• Like 1

Exactly, the Lions matters a lot for players. But us fans. We're an audience.

He said in it, in a Sunderland vs Stoke match at least millions of supporters are invested in the result. If one team wins it will actually effect the mood of countless fans.

Sunday breakfast will leave a longer after taste than the 3rd Lions test. Everyone needs to find something that isn't the team to invest in.

Shame but that's the way it is.

Even if the Lions win today, the victory will feel rather hollow without O'Driscoll. His career will feel slightly incomplete to me.

Surely the Lions is about the team and not one individual, however good he may be?

The Aussie backs are looking so dangerous making so many line breaks. Lions need to settle their nerves, get some ball and gain some momentum

Davies has done nothing so far. Well worth dropping O'Driscoll.

He hasn't in any of the tests... Manu should come on soon

Â