2013 - British & Irish Lions in Australia

villaajax

I don't want to sound overly negative but we didn't really deserve it with those tactics. Very little attacking intent. Centres were poor. Tuilagi a must next week.

Thought Warburton had a cracking game, though.

Agree with all of that, think Davies has been poor in both tests. Even thought BOD made some uncharacteristic poor decisions..Manu deserves place however, Roberts may come back. Must show more attacking intent, so that we can create some space for North.

Roberts does create space by taking half the opposition with him when he runs with the ball. I think he's one dimensional but he's like an average footballer that makes a good team tick. Gatland's attacking game plan seems to fall to bits without him. I'd keep O'Driscoll because he works well with Roberts, but if Tuilagi impresses in training then I won't complain of BOD makes way.

I'd keep Bowe ahead of Cuthbert because he's a better all-round player, but Zebo should be on the bench at least.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Gatland's Welsh bias is against everything that the Lions stand for. Absolutely appalling decisions based on nothing more than trying to boost his own self worth and standing in the game.

• Like 1

Abysmal.

Thing is, it shouldn't be forgotten we should winning this series. We have better players than a full strength AUS outfit and they have 3 or 4 key injuries.

Even if we go on to win, Gatland should be criticised for what he's decided to do in the tests. Kick it up in the air and not play rugby.

Davies over BOD/Tuilangi is a joke. He's had a good tour against the midweek teams, but has been poor in tests. Earned his spot in 1st test no arguments, should have been discarded after that with Tuilangi fit. To start him and not have BOD in the squad is an insult.

We should win this regardless but the line out has not been address, probably weakened if I'm being totally honest. Hibbard in, and still no Gray or Croft. Who are our targets? Parling showed no aggression when selected last time.

Davies has been very poor in the tests. I can understand Roberts coming in, but he should've partnered Manu/bod. With the other on the bench.

Hibbard's throws have been very poor and have lost us possession.

Croft hasn't done anything wrong all tour yet still doesn't get a look in.

Like others have said its just ane game plan of smash down the middle. If it fails we have nothing different.

Forgot to moan about Davies' defence in last test.

Was gutted at the time but thought it had been coming and it didn't matter as he'd be dropped for the decider.

If numbers are equal, you take your man, don't even worry about the ball, WTF is he doing coming inside? Take your man and there's no score. Idiot.

Gatland will be welcomed back to that Wales squad with open arms.

Gatland's Welsh bias is against everything that the Lions stand for. Absolutely appalling decisions based on nothing more than trying to boost his own self worth and standing in the game.

Saddens me to say, but I agree with this. 

Gatland has completely gone against the spirit of the Lions both with this selection and the gameplan. This is a self-serving selection, possibly to avoid the scenario Henry faced in 2001 when the Welsh players not picked threw their toys out their pram. It also shows severe limitations as a coach. One game plan and one game plan only. It hasn't worked against Australia before and I can't see it working on Saturday. 

How can Davies possibly start ahead of BOD or Tuilagi? Phillips was a disgrace in the first test. Roberts has been crap all year. Hibbard messed up the line out when he came on and offers nowhere near as much in the loose as Youngs. Heaslip has been solid and does not deserve to be dropped for Faletau.

Listen to Keith Wood's interview on 5Live. Nail on the head. 

Lots of the Welsh are quick to say we're not getting behind the team, yet just one look at BBC Sport comments, YouTube or any of their forums shows their bitterness towards, in particular, any English players, blaming them for anything that has gone wrong. 

I hate the divisiveness but I'm ashamed to admit that I don't think that I can bring myself to wholeheartedly support this team on Saturday. This isn't the Lions and we don't deserve to win. 

• Like 3

I think the call of welsh bias is a bit of a red herring, 9 english started 12 years ago, there are plenty of welsh players who could of made the side, Ian Evans and Tiperic for a start which would of pushed it up to twelve, Wales happen to have a lot of good players at the moment nore than any other home nation. 

Lydiate is a class player and deserves to start at 6, I would of had Croft on the bench.  The two players I have issue with is Hibbard, but he was brought in to get the scrum going forward.  Phillips is lucky but he is a big game player and Youngs was poor in the last test, and Murrary improved things when he came on.  I am gutted that BOD was dropped but you have to move on and support the team.

Â