Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Criticisms of the manager and players is fine, however writing off players so soon is more to trigger the argument with about the players he has purchased. Fair enough complain about tactics, home form, counter-attacking, whether PL wears smart casual instead of a track-suit, but to write off his signings after not alot of game time is ridiculous.

Most have made fools of themselves on here with one prediction or another. While it is embarrassing at the time and there's nothing wrong in being ribbed about it where i take issue is when those posters are challenged on the hypocrisy of their actions they then try to deny it when they too have been wrong on occasion and there should be no definition between the points you've made and i'm going to leave it at that as i feel i've proven my point.

Edited by Morpheus

Criticisms of the manager and players is fine, however writing off players so soon is more to trigger the argument with about the players he has purchased. Fair enough complain about tactics, home form, counter-attacking, whether PL wears smart casual instead of a track-suit, but to write off his signings after not alot of game time is ridiculous.

Most have made fools of themselves on here with one prediction or another. While it is embarrassing at the time and there's nothing wrong in being ribbed about it where i take issue is when those posters are challenged on the hypocrisy of their actions they then try to deny it when they too have been wrong on occasion and there should be no definition between the points you've made.

Please find a post where I have written off a player after a very short space of time.

Ah, now changing the point of debate again to try and deflect the point.

Like i said above i've already proven my point and i'm going to leave it.

Deflecting what point? My point was always that it's wrong to judge players after such little time. If anything you're the one trying to deflect the point by constantly bringing up my comments on Lambert from January and calling me a hypocrite when they bear no relevance to judging players prematurely.

You've "proven" nothing.

Edited by Mantis

And when where my comments made concerning Benteke?

Goes to prove my point again that your posts are hypocritical not only above but when you berate others for being wrong yet being guilty of it yourself.

Personally I don't think it's right or wrong to write a player off so soon, just daft.

If you're right then great. Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling that you predicted a player who plays for villa isnt good? Is it just say to say you're right?

If you're wrong then you look a bit of a tit.

Surely it's the most sensible option to wait and see what happens. Then you achieve neither extreme outlined above.

• Like 1

Ah, now changing the point of debate again to try and deflect the point.

Like i said above i've already proven my point and i'm going to leave it.

Deflecting what point? My point was always that it's wrong to judge players after such little time. If anything you're the one trying to deflect the point by constantly bringing up my comments on Lambert from January and calling me a hypocrite when they bear no relevance to judging players prematurely.

You've "proven" nothing.

Bore off you two.

Yep.

Goes to prove my point again that your posts are hypocritical not only above but when you berate others for being wrong yet being guilty of it yourself.

Going to be Lambert's Balaban. A total waste of 7m.

What happened to giving players chances and supporting them? It was always going to take time for him to adapt and Lambert needs to manage that properly.

To call him the next Balaban is retarded.

Not sure i like the use of the word in your post but i really haven't seen anything from Benteke to suggest that he's going to be a player for us and hence my reference to Balaban. We really needed to purchase the finished article rather than potential especially upfront if indeed Bent picks up an injury. Potential isn't going to keep us in the Premiership but proven quality would have.

And I'm not berating people for being wrong (like I was about Lambert), I'm berating people for slating players and writing them off after a few weeks.

Personally I don't think it's right or wrong to write a player off so soon, just daft.

If you're right then great. Do you get a warm fuzzy feeling that you predicted a player who plays for villa isnt good? Is it just say to say you're right?

If you're wrong then you look a bit of a tit.

Surely it's the most sensible option to wait and see what happens. Then you achieve neither extreme outlined above.

How can it be wrong to voice an opinion, whether it's early or not? To say it early, I don't think it's any kind of glory hunting, or whatever you're implying. It may just be a strong feeling that you get right from the beginning.

For most players I don't get that feeling, so I give them time. For Tonev, I've made my mind up long ago. No doubt he'll improve, like anyone would. But never enough.

That said, i'm waiting for that one strike i know is coming. Please PL don't discourage his shooting! It's great entertainment.

Edited by AVTuco

Ok, thanks. Took it away.

Obviously you're right. Nothing's certain.

The reason why I reacted was that I don't like the notion here that we should just wait with everyone.

Edited by AVTuco

What happened to giving players chances and supporting them? It was always going to take time for him to adapt and Lambert needs to manage that properly.

Not sure i like the use of the word in your post but i really haven't seen anything from Benteke to suggest that he's going to be a player for us and hence my reference to Balaban. We really needed to purchase the finished article rather than potential especially upfront if indeed Bent picks up an injury. Potential isn't going to keep us in the Premiership but proven quality would have.

And I'm not berating people for being wrong (like I was about Lambert), I'm berating people for slating players and writing them off after a few weeks.

No you have criticised posters for their opinion generally on our club whenever a negative comment is made hence my comment on you being hypocritical when you've done the same yourself concerning Lambert.

Yeah, would love to see him start too. No doubt many on here will be groaning if he does though.

Which proves my point again.

Edited by Morpheus

No you have criticised posters for their opinion generally on our club whenever a negative comment is made hence my comment on you being hypocritical when you've done the same yourself concerning Lambert.

Yeah, would love to see him start too. No doubt many on here will be groaning if he does though.

Which proves my point again.

I've never judged players after a few weeks.

No, it doesn't. You have "proven" nothing. There will be people who will moan if he starts because some have already judged Tonev as shit.

No-one has said you did.

What you have done however is criticise other posters for making what you would deem negative posts, then berate them for that while having already done that yourself which makes your posts hypocritical.

In reference to your point 'no doubt many on here will be groaning if he does though' did you not learn from your mistake concerning Lambert.

Your judging posters on something they haven't yet done and your reference to 'many' is incorrect as reading through some of the comments concerning Tonev there are a lot of posters actually looking forward to see him play. 

Â