Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Actually Vlaar possibly,  but not sure he will be sold to be honest

KEA,  for 2M if we sold in January I think we'd get 3 or 4M easily for him in the current market and given his performance this year

Its a fair point Richard but does that reflect the player's quality or the fact we paid so little for them in the first place?

With the obvious exception of Benteke currently would we really profit much if we sold Lambert's purchases?

Personally the profit margins would be minimal and I think we're in danger of over evaluating the present squad when you also consider no-one was prepared to meet our valuation on Benteke.

we only paid 3m for vlaar so its not  a big issue, but why would we sell our best cb? for me he is better than bothe clark and baker

I dont think we should sell him or will,  just making a point that I think every player he has signed could potentially be sold for more than the purchase price

Think some people on here are just trolling.

Well ill be leaving my opinion there, said my piece. And when he wins young player of the year this or next season, then feel free to throw this in my face. But he will not.

And you've figured all that out from two club starts? tell me, why did you turn down the united job??

Don't you feel slightly embarrassed?? I take it you don't work in professional football?? and nope neither do I, but I kind of picked up a few things in football like a player might take longer than 2 starts to show what he's made of?

Im no more of a troll than you, samir carruthers an jack grealish have way way way more potential and current ability levels than tonev and are 2-3 years younger.

Think some people on here are just trolling.

Well ill be leaving my opinion there, said my piece. And when he wins young player of the year this or next season, then feel free to throw this in my face. But he will not.

And you've figured all that out from two club starts? tell me, why did you turn down the united job??

Don't you feel slightly embarrassed?? I take it you don't work in professional football?? and nope neither do I, but I kind of picked up a few things in football like a player might take longer than 2 starts to show what he's made of?

Im no more of a troll than you, samir carruthers an jack grealish have way way way more potential and current ability levels than tonev and are 2-3 years younger.

Whatever you know nothing - how can you be expect to be taken seriously when you write a player off after two games??

I think I am on fairly safe ground to predict that (should the players he has bought be sold) there will not be a single player he sells for less than the actual fee paid for them

Very good point.

Another thought: it doesn't matter if we lose say, £1m on Vlaar, if we make it that loss from everyone else. Even excluding Benteke, Lambert's signings so far would be very profitable. Probably make about £15m on Lowton, Okore, Westwood, Sylla, El Ahmadi, and Helenius if we sold them tomorrow.

I think I am on fairly safe ground to predict that (should the players he has bought be sold) there will not be a single player he sells for less than the actual fee paid for them

Probably make about £15m on Lowton, Okore, Westwood, Sylla, El Ahmadi, and Helenius if we sold them tomorrow.

In my opinion thats a tad ambitious.

Probably make about £15m on Lowton, Okore, Westwood, Sylla, El Ahmadi, and Helenius if we sold them tomorrow.

In my opinion thats a tad ambitious.

you dont think we would get an average of 2.5 million each for them players?

with the amount of money thrown around id be disappointed if only got that for them 6 players

Edited by Zatman

considering they cost about 12-15 million combined id imagine we would get 15 million profit still throw in Bowery as well. If Derby I think paid 1 million for Sammon we could get that for Bowery

considering they cost about 12-15 million combined id imagine we would get 15 million profit still throw in Bowery as well. If Derby I think paid 1 million for Sammon we could get that for Bowery

What has Bowery really done to justify his price tripling?

What has Bowery really done to justify his price tripling?

"Premier League Experience"

Morpheous you keep stating quality but what exactly does this mean?

Fair question.

How good the player is.

So another question, have you judged all his signings so far?

Referring to the quality they are showing at the moment and judging them if we sold them now hence my opinion that we wouldn't make a massive profit. However since i don't have a crystal ball and therefore can't see into the future their value could increase depending on performance as much as that value could also stagnate or depreciate if they turn out to be poor.

Edited by Morpheus

Â