Stadium Redevelopment Stalls.

KjParton

I'd consider expanding the ground once we have 35k regular ST holders. At the moment we have too many drifters

I'm not sure we offer 35k season tickets. Selling that many might not be wise in terms of the restrictions it would place on how many different people could come through Villa Park during the course of a season and it would put us right on the edge of our capacity for Cup games.

Attendances were up towards the end of the season, if they stay up then development might be reconsidered I guess, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

Another reason to increase capacity (i.e. redevelop the North Stand) is to try to keep the appearance that we're one of top clubs in the country. A host of clubs including Swansea, Cardiff, Southampton, Crystal Palace, etc. have plans to increase capacity to 30-40,000. It's important that we're not lumped with those clubs.

Why is that important?

The trouble with having a capacity of 42k is that once the "acceptable" figure of 35k is reached the more fair weather fans (of which we have a lot) don't want to pay top dollar for a seat sat in the gods. Increase capacity, provide a few more deals, promote the new stand well enough and we'll pull 40k+ on average in my opinion. Then when the going I'd good I've no doubt we can put 50k seats on bums, even if its only 5 or 6 times a season to begin with.

Speculate to accumulate etc etc.

Thing is I dont think the club could charge top 'dollar' for seats even in  a plush new north stand as it will still be behind a goal or corner view from the seats. Same goes for corporate seating- I am sure people would be interested, but the better views would be in the trinity or doug ellis areas.

Thing is I dont think the club could charge top 'dollar' for seats even in a plush new north stand as it will still be behind a goal or corner view from the seats. Same goes for corporate seating- I am sure people would be interested, but the better views would be in the trinity or doug ellis areas.

We're already charging "top dollar". That's the premier league for you. I think people will be more inclined to pay that if they're getting a better service, or a better view.

Thing is I dont think the club could charge top 'dollar' for seats even in a plush new north stand as it will still be behind a goal or corner view from the seats. Same goes for corporate seating- I am sure people would be interested, but the better views would be in the trinity or doug ellis areas.

We're already charging "top dollar". That's the premier league for you. I think people will be more inclined to pay that if they're getting a better service, or a better view.

Well yes- that means if the stand is ever to be  built, it would have to offer better service, as the view will not be better than the trinity or doug ellis.

i could understand not filling in the corner of witton and holte, for the vehicle entrance and control rooms above

however, either side of the north needs filling in, so its the holte that stands alone

although why did they build witton knowing it would block some seating in the holte? and whats with the roof on the holte?

i could understand not filling in the corner of witton and holte, for the vehicle entrance and control rooms above

however, either side of the north needs filling in, so its the holte that stands alone

although why did they build witton knowing it would block some seating in the holte? and whats with the roof on the holte?

Older members on VT may have to help me here but the first plans post Taylor report was to redo the witton lane/doug ellis and just put seats on the holte terrace, like at the kops at the sheffield clubs. They then changed their minds to rebuild the Holte altogether. They added a new roof on the old terraced Holte about 4 years before they knocked it down as I mentioned the first plan was to convert it to seats. But then the roof and terrace all got demolished together!

I also think they had to redo the seats in the doug ellis a couple of years after it was built, as the original seats were too narrow. I think they then angled the last few rows covering over some of the new Holte. I hope I haven't confused you!

Probably a daft question- has the North Stand roof ever been replaced? If not, how long do they supposed to last for?! 40-50 yrs?

I think the trinity road one stood for 76 years so plenty of life in the old dog yet.

thankyou TFF, now i understand the full picture

it would be nice to see a new, fresh, larger stand in replace of the old office block north stand, attached to both trinity and witton, maybe increase revenue by getting a sponsors name on it, afterall, only trinity and holte have any importance :-)

Talking to a Coventry season ticket holder today, their in a right mess, he can't order his season ticket till he knows where their going to play, even if they are going to play. He then said that he loves a day out at football and may look for another club to follow, his brother has already got a baggies season ticket. He said he was thinking about the Villa....

Villa marketing should be on this like a shot, its an opportunity to pick some dedicated football fans up quite easily, if the worst happens to Cov. It would have to be done delicately but its such a good opportunity for us, get the mailing list of their season ticket owners and make them an offer............? 

• Like 1

Talking to a Coventry season ticket holder today, their in a right mess, he can't order his season ticket till he knows where their going to play, even if they are going to play. He then said that he loves a day out at football and may look for another club to follow, his brother has already got a baggies season ticket. He said he was thinking about the Villa....

Villa marketing should be on this like a shot, its an opportunity to pick some dedicated football fans up quite easily, if the worst happens to Cov. It would have to be done delicately but its such a good opportunity for us, get the mailing list of their season ticket owners and make them an offer............?

Coventry have an irrational hatred for Villa, so I'd rather not have their fans at our ground and I'd bet that 95% wouldn't want to be anyway.

Villa marketing should be on this like a shot, its an opportunity to pick some dedicated football fans up quite easily, if the worst happens to Cov. It would have to be done delicately but its such a good opportunity for us, get the mailing list of their season ticket owners and make them an offer............?

Coventry have an irrational hatred for Villa, so I'd rather not have their fans at our ground and I'd bet that 95% wouldn't want to be anyway.

That still leaves 5%. I'm sure Aston Villa wouldn't sniff at picking up an extra 50 ST holders :)

That still leaves 5%. I'm sure Aston Villa wouldn't sniff at picking up an extra 5 ST holders :)

Edited for you :)

• Like 1

Â