Away support at Villa Park.

VillaGoMarching

Having once again witnessed a bunch of away fans invade the pitch after a goal, I think it's about time the club changed something at that side of the ground.

Countless times over the year we see away fans think they have the right to invade the pitch, I think if they put up similar railings to what we have in the Holte, we wouldn't have half as much trouble.

Oh come off it, all away fans are the same.

At Stoke, after Lowton's goal we had 5 or 6 fans ejected for getting onto the pitch and we just laughed about it.

• Like 1

I was within the reasonable grounds of fan reaction of a really important goal for them and Fat Frank breaking the record.They werent looking for trouble or anything, they just got a bit carried away, bless those loveable headhunters. On another issue I think the general ticket pricing for all away fans in this country is a total disgrace. £45 to see Norwich?! Mental.

• Like 1

I sit in the lower North and it is annoying how regularly it happens. It's always the same big teams that do it and nothing gets done. Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea have all come on the pitch this season. I'd give the Chelsea fans the benefit of the doubt, but the other occasions weren't worthy of a pitch invasion.

Over the past few years, we've been told to sit down in the lower North or risk being banned from games. I've seen other supporters being kicked out for ignoring stewards requests to stay seated. If nothing gets done about away fans running on, it's only a matter of time before we have some unsavoury scenes.

It's a tough one to solve as the stand design isn't brilliant. The walkways are right on the touchline and they need to be clear. Only thing can think of is to not sell the first couple of rows.

Personally bar the small heath games  I think Villa should try and become one of the most away fan friendly clubs in the country. Its basically free money to have a larger allocation, considering how few times we sell out. Villa is near most clubs, and should be marketed like Fulham as a nice away day. A bigger away following creates a better atmosphere and more money, as long as the police are happy with it.

Yeah because if we just secured CL football and at the same time one of our most loved players broke the clubs all time goal scoring record no Villa fan would go on the pitch.

But it always happens though.

Don't see what the fuss is about really, their was no violence intended and the chelsea fans had two great reasons to let's say over celebrate, I've saw us villa fans do the same over the years, and we definately don't want to become an freindly away day like fulham were already freindly enough

Yeah because if we just secured CL football and at the same time one of our most loved players broke the clubs all time goal scoring record no Villa fan would go on the pitch.

But it always happens though.

Not to the extent on Saturday it doesnt, you get the odd fan just the same as when we go away.

• Like 1

I was more annoyed at the tw@ who invaded the pitch to try and get to Petrov when he was approaching the corner between Holte and Witton Lane.

Never worked out if that was a scumbag Chelsea rocket polisher or one of our own...

I was more annoyed at the tw@ who invaded the pitch to try and get to Petrov when he was approaching the corner between Holte and Witton Lane.

Never worked out if that was a scumbag Chelsea rocket polisher or one of our own...

Really? I thought it was a nice gesture to go over and shake his hand and hand Petrov his scarf.

Really? I thought it was a nice gesture to go over and shake his hand and hand Petrov his scarf.

S*it... I got angry again for no reason... i didn't see that - I was still spitting feathers about the referee and the Fwankie Lam'ard situation. I think we might have been singing about Christian Benteke at the time and i got distracted.

It don't make it right though... All I saw was some guy being wheeled away by several stewards. I'd apologise, but the guy still broke the ground regulations. I think Stan already had one scarf so it was a little self indulgent to actually go onto the pitch and give him another, if that is what happened.

Chilling out now - readying myself for unbridled Villa passion tonight.

Edited by Raver50032

Slightly off topic but i think the best away fans we have had at Villa Park this season have both come from the North East. Both bought a lot of fans for a midweek game.

Newcastle hadnt won away all season and it was Janaury, Sunderland brought a lot and the majority stayed dispite getting thumped 6-1

I would tend to agree with that analysis - for a wet Monday night on Sky, I thought Sunderland brought a good representation. Though I thumbed my nose big style at DiNazio, I did feel for their supporters who watched a horror-show capitulation of their team on the pitch, knowing it was also on TV and having such a long drive home into the bargain.

I was surprised this season how quiet the Liverpool fans were. They never really got out of first gear, even when winning.

Worst away fans at ours were Fulham, followed possibly by Swansea and Reading.

Best... weren't that many great ones this year. Sunderland fans brought a few down considering the circs but weren't noisy. Newcastle weren't amazing and they had just signed a load of players so were riding a crest of positivity.

Ipswich probably then. Sadly the LN was full of day trippers so my block was largely seated unlike normal which was a shame

Â