Which was the best musical decade?

Pelle

Which was the best musical decade?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best musical decade?

• 50's
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's
    • 90's
    • 00's

Simple question, just as it says. Which decade do you find to been the best so far when it comes to music and why?

I expect to be pretty lonely on this one but I'd actually go for the 80's with the 70's as a close 2nd. Ok, I know, the 80's was full of one hit wonders, but I kind of actually like some of them, like John Parrs' "St. Elmos Fire". :oops: But the biggest reason for me is that many of my favourite bands came through that decade. Queensryche, Skid Row, Mötley Crüe, Judas Priest, Metallica had their best days then, Iron Maiden made some great stuff even if I might think that "Fear of the dark" is their best album, etc. A great decade IMO. The worst must be this or the 90's, though. Your call.

Sorry OF, the number of polls wouldn't let me to go down to the 17th century.

And for you smartasses, 00's is for 2000 nothing else.

Gotta be the 60's, the charts were full of decent stuff back then from 1-40. Not like the bollix thats out now

Although theres stuff in every decade for me as a Beach Boys/Brian Wilson devotee

Have voted for 50's so OF isn't the only 1 :winkold:

yeah but he wants to vote for the 1850's :roll: :mrgreen:

1900s actually. Elgar in his pomp. I am just about to click on the 60s, including The Beatles, right :evil: ? Oh and Richard, drive carefully now.

Can't believe that out of 12 votes the 70's has none :shock:

Because it really was shite until Punk. 1970's has to be THE most depressing decade ever, I was 10 in 1970. Fashion was crap, music was crap, politics were crap, school was crap. One of the prime reasons Punk swept the nation was because something had to change, even if it meant getting a kicking from the disco boys and the metal boys it was great to be a Punk because the alternatives on all fronts were CRAP.

Not quite Nays. I voted the 60's :P

If you did this poll for say, 2000 people the results would generally match the age of the people voting.

Im not a big fan of grouping an era by a decade. Most "movements" last four of five years in the mainstream. Often they straddle decades. I think my fave era of music is the Acid House/Baggy era which really was alive between the Happy Mondays 1988 album bummed and their 1991 album yes please. (and of course a certain band called Nirvana going stellar) was that 80s music? was it 90's music (it certainly set the blueprint for a lot of 90's stuff) or was it just good music?

Impossible to define as its all a matter of opinion.

• Like 1

Â