FIFA 14

hogso

Trading baffles me, seems like you need to put in a few hours a day to get anywhere and there's just no time for that...

Yesterday I put in at least an hour of trading and I jumped from 18k to 130k. A lot of it is just buying one player in bulk, then relisting him when his price goes up in bulk. You make easy coin that way. For example, when Lukaku decided to go beast mode against Newcastle, his card price nearly doubled. When Lukaku scored his first goal, I went and bought about 20 of his cards for about 8-9k then his price went up to 12-14k. Then when Lukaku scored his 2nd goal, the priced was up to around 18-20K so I listed all mine at that time for 18k. Made nearly 180k within one football match. 

But then there are times when it doesnt work out for you. I bought 15 Welbecks yesterday once he scored hoping he would score again or at least have a good match, but that didn't happen. I am pretty much make 100-200 coin per Welbeck for that. 

That's a great tip, I'll be trying that one weekend if I get time, thanks.

Played about 8 games, won them all convincingly, scored around 30 and conceded I think 2. Unfortunately a red card in 2 straight games and I saw what everyone was talking about re: lobbed through balls. Conceeded about 8 in 3 games all to lobbed through balls. They wouldn't be such an issue if the defenders didn't try and step up to play offside after the ball had already been played. :lol:

13 was shite, but better than this IMO.

• Like 1

Played about 8 games, won them all convincingly, scored around 30 and conceded I think 2. Unfortunately a red card in 2 straight games and I saw what everyone was talking about re: lobbed through balls. Conceeded about 8 in 3 games all to lobbed through balls. They wouldn't be such an issue if the defenders didn't try and step up to play offside after the ball had already been played. :lol:

13 was shite, but better than this IMO.

Yeah, kinda disappointed with 14. Seems like they shipped it broken and are now working on an update.

• The effectiveness of headers from corner kicks and crosses.

• The effectiveness of finesse shots.

• The accuracy of lofted through-balls.

Those are the things they're looking to fix in the next update.

Hope the next gen version is much better gameplay wise.

If those are fixed then it'll be much better. I find another issue is that stats almost seem meaningless. I often play with Colombia and there's numerous times that Yepes (pace of less than 35 I think?) seems to often be able to catch up the likes of Sturridge and Walcott. I get the whole momentum thing, but it seems like everyone has the same acceleration.

If those are fixed then it'll be much better. I find another issue is that stats almost seem meaningless. I often play with Colombia and there's numerous times that Yepes (pace of less than 35 I think?) seems to often be able to catch up the likes of Sturridge and Walcott. I get the whole momentum thing, but it seems like everyone has the same acceleration.

I assume your GT is kurtsimonw? I've noticed you've had a dip into UT. Thoughts?

If they can fix the lobbed through balls and headers, it'll make the game so much better.

I like the movement of 14 over 13, but it's useless if my defender decides to stand still when the ball is going over his head.

Edited by Kwan

I assume your GT is kurtsimonw? I've noticed you've had a dip into UT. Thoughts?

Yeah it is. I dont personally like the whole game a lot, but UT is the best thing about it. I think they seem to focus on it more than any other part of the game and it shows.

Trading baffles me, seems like you need to put in a few hours a day to get anywhere and there's just no time for that...

Yesterday I put in at least an hour of trading and I jumped from 18k to 130k. A lot of it is just buying one player in bulk, then relisting him when his price goes up in bulk. You make easy coin that way. For example, when Lukaku decided to go beast mode against Newcastle, his card price nearly doubled. When Lukaku scored his first goal, I went and bought about 20 of his cards for about 8-9k then his price went up to 12-14k. Then when Lukaku scored his 2nd goal, the priced was up to around 18-20K so I listed all mine at that time for 18k. Made nearly 180k within one football match. 

But then there are times when it doesnt work out for you. I bought 15 Welbecks yesterday once he scored hoping he would score again or at least have a good match, but that didn't happen. I am pretty much make 100-200 coin per Welbeck for that. 

That's a great tip, I'll be trying that one weekend if I get time, thanks.

Yeah no problem. Here is what I am investing in before this weekend:

43200d3f88669bec6a2e781fc1a609a6.png

a9a11b9b5dfc97d24e6b890a84834c98.png

Edited by Czechlad

Not enjoying this Fifa as much.

I like to think i'm someone who plays the right way building up play instead of just LB+Y up to a quick striker.

However the other team seems to constantly have 3+ players charging at me everytime i get the ball and it's a struggle to play around them yet, when they have the ball

it seems to be one simple pass and they're basically 1on1 with my defender.

On a plus side though i've been doing some great trading.

Brought Reus for 91k a few days ago sold him for 110k  the other day and brought Lewandowski for 47k and sold him for 80k the otherday.

Edited by Bradd92
  • Like 2

Such a frustrating game.  You find yourself just being annoyed rather than enjoying it.

that's my biggest issue with it. not only is it not fun, there's also no indication of what you're doing wrong

• Like 1

Not enjoying this Fifa as much.

I like to think i'm someone who plays the right way building up play instead of just LB+Y up to a quick striker.

However the other team seems to constantly have 3+ players charging at me everytime i get the ball and it's a struggle to play around them yet, when they have the ball

it seems to be one simple pass and they're basically 1on1 with my defender.

There's got to be some sort of custom tactic that makes this work.  I've been banging on about it since FIFA 13.  Somebody on here must know what it is.

It's Team Pressure and High Pressure. They might have custom tactics, but that combo usually does the trick.

You just have to not try and pass your way through it. Ground passes are slower, your midfielders aren't as quick on the turn. Momentum shifts make it so that if you're even bothering to mess around in the back, you're in trouble. Ramp up the pressure on your passes so they go faster and use the lob pass to just get it over those onrushing defenders. Benteke is strong enough to bring it down and then you just have to release it since you'll have advantage in the numbers.

You'll get the hang of it after a while, just growing pains. It's a more methodical game, but that doesn't mean you can just plod around with the ball. It still has to move quick and you can't dilly dally around with it.

Just gave the manager mode a go. The CPU on worldclass is more dirt than the people online. Every other ball is a lobbed through ball.

Yep, I challenged the FUT Team of the Week and they smashed me on World class because my defenders couldn't cope with Lukaku running on to those lobbed pases.

• Like 1

Having a lot of issues with players disappearing after I bought them. So far I have lost 2 IF Guzan's, 3 Lukaku's and a Valbuena. The coins are also missing as well. It's been 3 days and still haven't appeared in my transfer list. 

Â