Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Aidan White

Good little Left back... wouldn't mind us getting him in, would prefer Cresswell but If Lambert wants to go for White then thats good with me!

Yep - My leeds supporting pal rates him quite highly - very offensive - which fits in with what Lambert wants - and he wouldn't cost much either - only 21

Either of the young Leeds fullbacks would be decent additions

Don't think the signings Lambert's made from abroad are really that obscure, most of them (with the possible exception of Bacuna and Sylla) are in their respective national sides and have played in the european cups. Anyone who follow football outside the uk will have seen most of them.

Me on the other hand have never seen Cresswell, White or any of the other lower league players mentioned...

I hope Lambert is keeping an eye on Palermo who were relegated this season, they have a few really good players who might be possible to get on the cheap.

Abel Hernandez and Joseph Ilicic the obvious ones

TBH I hope the last one is English.  

Flooding the team with good foreigners is fine with me, up to a point, but I dont want us to turn into the next Arsenal.

Flooding the team with good foreigners is fine with me, up to a point, but I dont want us to turn into the next Arsenal.

Pretty sure he's getting anybody he wants from abroad in first so they get to settle in a bit easier. English signings will come later, plus English teams seem to hold out as long as possible to get the best price they can.

Pretty sure he's getting anybody he wants from abroad in first so they get to settle in a bit easier. English signings will come later, plus English teams seem to hold out as long as possible to get the best price they can.

Thats a fair point!

Also I suppose the competition would be fiercer for those already bought in.  

Just think, these new signings will get a pre-season tour, will be able to get used to life in Birmingham/England and will meet and get to know their team mates - all in the same amount of time our new guys had at the end of last Summer up until Xmas.

They'll start the season hopefully used to their new boss, team mates, tactics and our facilities.

Thank god we have a manager with some sense!

• Like 1

I would absolutely bloody love to turn into the next Arsenal. I'm past caring, little England can swivel. It's just the Villa for me now.

We'll still have Lowton, Bennett, Baker, Clark, Delph, Gabby aswell as players like Guzan and Andi that have been here for years.

But yeah, **** that....bring on the Arsenal-stylee!!!

• Like 1

I would absolutely bloody love to turn into the next Arsenal. I'm past caring, little England can swivel. It's just the Villa for me now.

We'll still have Lowton, Bennett, Baker, Clark, Delph, Gabby aswell as players like Guzan and Andi that have been here for years.

Although I love the pair of them, Guzan is American and Andi is Austrian! Clark is Irish, not sure that counts as foreign mind. 

Kind of proves the point further. Nationality is irrelevant to how we see them. As Villans first and foremost, that's what really counts. Judging by his smile and his demeanor, Okore could be the next one.  

Although I love the pair of them, Guzan is American and Andi is Austrian! Clark is Irish, not sure that counts as foreign mind.

Kind of proves the point further. Nationality is irrelevant to how we see them. As Villans first and foremost, that's what really counts. Judging by his smile and his demeanor, Okore could be the next one.

Ha, I know that but I did say they've been here for years so very much used to playing and living in England.

Clark, whilst of Irish descent, is born and raised in England.

Anyway - I'm splitting hairs DDID - completely agree with your original post!!

Edited by StanBalaban

Ditto. England don't seem to care about us so why on earth should we care about them??

Isn't it nice when we all get along!

We should be mates, if you pay for my ticket I'm happy to move to Dubai.

Deal. I'll buy you a ticket and you move over.

You never specified what kind of ticket however....

Celine-Dion-Taking-Chances-Wo-504100.jpg

Nigel, while I admire your patriotism, if I were to offer you CL for 16 successive seasons, the premier league, the FA Cup, a new stadium and 60,000 regular supporters I think you might take it even if it meant more foreign players.

The bottom line is that they are better value for money.  It doesn't bother me that Benteke, Guzan, Weimann, Mellberg, Laursen and Yorke are not British.  All I am bothered about is can they play and will they give their all for the cause.  

It would be nice having a team with the likes of Young, Milner, Downing and Barry, but we have shown that we can't keep hold of them even if we want to.

Norway got knocked out by Spain in euros u21 today, I'd love for us to nick Johansen before Ajax or Dortmund goes for him. Left footed defensive mid playmaker role, has run the most of all the players in the championships and has one of the best passing techniques I've seen with both feet since Alonso was in PL.

I also couldnt give a stuff whether our players are from England or not. If they are good it doesnt matter where they are from.

If any of our players ever get miraculously picked for England, they either get injured or get tapped up.