Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Just need to bring in a back up keeper and right-back, playmaker and hopefully a new left-back, fingers crossed ;)

If we bring in a Helenius I doubt we'll bring in another playmaker, but i think the others are realistic. but meh wild guess from me, I'd be over the moon with Belhanda for 10m...

Edit: Just thought jheezus not saying that helenius is a playmaker but apparently he plays as a second striker or w.e and with the two other wingers brought in and aswell as the millions of CM's we already have i dont think we'd see one :(

Edited by kevangrealish

He

Just need to bring in a back up keeper and right-back, playmaker and hopefully a new left-back, fingers crossed ;)

If we bring in a Helenius I doubt we'll bring in another playmaker, but i think the others are realistic. but meh wild guess from me, I'd be over the moon with Belhanda for 10m...

Edit: Just thought jheezus not saying that helenius is a playmaker but apparently he plays as a second striker or w.e and with the two other wingers brought in and aswell as the millions of CM's we already have i dont think we'd see one :(

Helenius is practically done and dusted probably be announced on Monday, but he is Bent's replacement so we still need a playmaker e.g. either Murphy or Belhanda. Thinking starting 11 will be come August: Guzan, Lowton, Okore, Vlaar, Baker, Westwood, Sylla, ?, Weimann, Gabby and Benteke :)

He

Helenius is practically done and dusted probably be announced on Monday, but he is Bent's replacement so we still need a playmaker e.g. either Murphy or Belhanda. Thinking starting 11 will be come August: Guzan, Lowton, Okore, Vlaar, Baker, Westwood, Sylla, ?, Weimann, Gabby and Benteke :)

Gardner,Herd,Delph,Sylla,Westwood,Ireland,Bannan,El Ahmadi,Johnson and Carruthers... Hmm i'm not so sure he'd bring in a Murphy type of player with only 3 spaces to challenge for.

Bannan and Ireland might go, and wouldn't surprise me if Herd went.

Out of the above list Ireland is definitely off, Bannan more than likely and maybe even Herd and KEA but its unlikely. Starting 3 from that list for me would be Westwood, Sylla and Delph, same as last season, if we do not sign anyone.

Gardner Don't know how good

,Herd Squad player at best

,Delph Good enough

,Sylla Good enough

,Westwood good enough

,Ireland complete and utter shite

,Bannan Not good enough

,El Ahmadi Not good enough

,Johnson Don't know if good enough yet

and Carruthers. ditto

only 3 are first team players so adding to there numbers with players better than Ireland, Bannan and KEA (not exactly hard) is a good idea for back up plus NONE of them are ACM?

Yep, but still feel we need something more attacking because as good as westwood's passing is, he's more of a crab... side to side (Search Joe Allen for details). Some of the time last season we were calling out for a Coutinho type of player...

Gardner Don't know how good

,Herd Squad player at best

,Delph Good enough

,Sylla Good enough

,Westwood good enough

,Ireland complete and utter shite

,Bannan Not good enough

,El Ahmadi Not good enough

,Johnson Don't know if good enough yet

and Carruthers. ditto

only 3 are first team players so adding to there numbers with players better than Ireland, Bannan and KEA (not exactly hard) is a good idea for back up plus NONE of them are ACM?

We havent been using a CAM for the last half of the season so why would PL change his philosphy and splash money out now ? I agree that we need one though..

Out of the above list Ireland is definitely off, Bannan more than likely and maybe even Herd and KEA but its unlikely. Starting 3 from that list for me would be Westwood, Sylla and Delph, same as last season, if we do not sign anyone.

Really hope we keep Chris Herd. Great utility player who can effectively play or cover right back, centre back, holding defensive midfield or right side of midfield.

For me, Chris Herd is possibly the most under rated player currently in the Villa squad & will prove to be a really valuable asset.

Really hope we keep Chris Herd. Great utility player who can effectively play or cover right back, centre back, holding defensive midfield or right side of midfield.

For me, Chris Herd is possibly the most under rated player currently in the Villa squad & will prove to be a really valuable asset.

THIS ! :wub:

Herd is alright, except for when he's played as a CB! He was fairly poor there last year.

Thats probably because he is 5 foot 8. He is too short to be a CB.

I wonder if Lambo & Co has looked at supposed finnish "wonderkid" Joel Pohjanpalo, scored 11 goals in 28 games as 18 year old in finnish league but that's not saying much. He was claimed to be Liverpool bound before he rejected their offer last august because they wouldn't guarantee playingtime in their reserves, maybe he's learned from the mistakes of Mikael Forsseell and Lauri Dalla Valle who went to rot in the reserves of some big club.

Herd is alright, except for when he's played as a CB! He was fairly poor there last year.

No he isn't. Minimum of 6 foot. 

That was partly the formation. we were playing 352/532 and getting destroyed out wide all the time. not sure any of the defenders looked good when we played like that.

It was more to do with him frequently hoofing the ball, aimlessly.

The one question is his attitude (he was caught in a scuffle in a nightclub along with Collins) Lambert is not keen on aggression off the pitch.