Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Will Hughes would be fantastic but I cannot see us getting him. Would be way too much and is destined to go to the top 4

He might want to go here to get regular first team football. Won't get that at the Champions League clubs.

Only question is whether the club is prepared to go big on a transfer fee for the right player. 

• Like 1

Will Hughes would be a great shout. I am currently on holiday and a Derby player is also at the hotel (top bloke by the way) and he reckons that Hughes is going to be unbelievable, better than anyone he has played with.

Will Hughes looked good early season for dcfc but fizzled out somewhat

I think he'd be priced unrealistically tbh

I'm not surprised.

He was injured from February 16th until the last 2 games of the season (and a substitute appearance 85 mins into the 3rd from last game). 

Will Hughes will be fantastic for whoever he signs for but no way Lambert will pay 6 million+ for him

He paid 7m for Benteke.

Another media inflated fee, it was closer to £5m.

Trent can we get this transfer fee thread together?

One quick one on Hughes, who is only 18, he can play across the midfield in AM roles, it might be worth loaning a player to Derby if they lose him (to whoever) this summer. Depending on where they play Hughes most often, sending a player there who we need to get some experience will do them the world of good.

Grealish for CAM

Graham for on the wings.

Given first team opportunities in a midtable Championship side would do either of those two the world of good, they both have just as much potential as Hughes and are the same age. Would give our player some experience and Derby a potentially similar player for peanuts so they can reinvest their fee elsewhere. Just a thought.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Weiss wouldnt surprise me to be fair, 23 years old, can play basically anywhere in midfield and Pescara have just been relegated from Serie A so he would probably be dirt cheap. Another who likes a pop at goal, Possibly an option other than Tonev?

However, Weiss simply does not help out his team in defence. With a defence as poor as ours we need those wide players to be helping out. Infact, one of the main benefits of moving away from Lamberts preffered system to 3 forwards was so Gabby and Weimann could double up and help Bennett and Lowton (hence NZogbia rarely being played wide because he doesn't really help defensively)

I guess Weiss could be played more central like NZog when he came on. I'll pull some stats in a min on Weiss from the net.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Am I the only one here thinking already how much we could get for Hughes in 2-3 years time if we got him in this summer window  ?  :blush:

Yeah... sad reality. At this rate of potential youngsters coming to us, we are potentially becoming the 'English Ajax' :L

I'd love him here though, heaps of potential.

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 1

Will Hughes will be fantastic for whoever he signs for but no way Lambert will pay 6 million+ for him

He paid 7m for Benteke.

Another media inflated fee, it was closer to £5m.

Thanks for that Trent. What a fantastic signing.

Am I the only one here thinking already how much we could get for Hughes in 2-3 years time if we got him in this summer window  ?  :blush:

Yeah... sad reality. At this rate of potential youngsters coming to us, we are potentially becoming the 'English Ajax' :L

I'd love him here though, heaps of potential.

He'd be a great signing. But no selling him on for 20m+ in a few years would be the most likely outcome of us buying him. I cant see us getting him, but the thought of a home grown midfield in 3 years or so of:

Westwood  Gardner

Graham      Grealish      Hughes

Would be **** superb.

Heck, could go the whole way and say:

Lowton    ???   Baker   Cresswell

Westwood  Gardner

Graham       Grealish       Hughes

???

would be quite a statement of home-grown players. But I think i've gotten a little carried away :D

He's 18, it's expected to be in and out of form. The guy has bags of potential.

That's fine. I mentioned him on here 12 months ago. Nobody had heard of him.

He's 18, it's expected to be in and out of form. The guy has bags of potential.

That's fine. I mentioned him on here 12 months ago. Nobody had heard of him.

Good for you... ;)

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1