Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

"@Transfernews123: Dries Mertens wants to move to the premier league! Aston Villa in talks with his representatives, Liverpool interested aswell #AVFC #LFC"

From twitter but hay, it's a slow day on here ;)

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind Dawson from spurs as a cb option. Don't think he will be needed there next season

I agree with this. My spurs supporting mate doesn't rate him and would swap for Bent, I would do that tomorrow!

Please tell me you're not serious?

"@Transfernews123: Dries Mertens wants to move to the premier league! Aston Villa in talks with his representatives, Liverpool interested aswell #AVFC #LFC"

Would be perfect for Villa :) Not a lot in that one though, right?

Nice!  :wub:

Didn't Dawson win their player of the season award 2 seasons or so ago?

Stephen Ireland likes this post.

Well he won the award in the season they finished 4th iirc. Ireland won his the season we finished on 38 points playing shite football

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind Dawson from spurs as a cb option. Don't think he will be needed there next season

I agree with this. My spurs supporting mate doesn't rate him and would swap for Bent, I would do that tomorrow!

Please tell me you're not serious?

I am serious, we need some experience at the back.

Don't get my hopes out mate ...

That would be ONE HELL of a signing..

We need a CAM I think and Aubameyang from St Etienne would be a hell of a signing!

IF we sold Benteke and we got Aubameyang, i'd be over the moon. Aubameyang would be a good replacement, obviously differs from Benteke in so many ways, but he's quality.

Doubt we'll get him though, already linked to bigger clubs.

Did a quick google but couldn't find anything. Found speculation linking him to schalke, Liverpool and Fenerbahce but nothing about us

You sure?

Edited by legov

Did a quick google but couldn't find anything. Found speculation linking him to schalke, Liverpool and Fenerbahce but nothing about us

You sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dries_Mertens

37 goals in 62 matches for PSV. He's 26, not youngest, but still potential.

Regular for Belgium too. He's kinda similar to Hazard as a player. Quick, very technically gifted, good drbiller. 

Overall, great player, would be terrific signing.

Edited by Alakagom

The Mertens rumour all stems from a season ticket holder on twitter. All the other "Transfer Twitter Accounts" and "Twitter ITKs" are all echoing his original comment which was that Villa are going to enquire PSV about his availability. This was first mentioned Friday evening. Everything since then is just echos rebounding off other people claiming to know information.

Just because the number of people talking about it is increasing, don't read anything further in to it beyond "somebody on Twitter said so" (no matter what they claim to have got true in the past - correct or otherwise) until there's been a more concrete report in a media publication.

As for the player himself postionally he makes sense as he would be an upgrade to our wide forwards of Gabby and Weimann. I would think clubs with a larger wage and transfer budget, including those in European competitions next year, would have a stronger chance of enticing him to join them rather than us at the moment.

Edited by Wes

The Mertens rumour all stems from a season ticket holder on twitter. All the other "Transfer Twitter Accounts" and "Twitter ITKs" are all echoing his original comment which was that Villa are going to enquire PSV about his availability. This was first mentioned Friday evening. Everything since then is just echos rebounding off other people claiming to know information.

Just because the number of people talking about it is increasing, don't read anything further in to it beyond "somebody on Twitter said so" (no matter what they claim to have got true in the past - correct or otherwise) until there's been a more concrete report in a media publication.

As for the player himself postionally he makes sense as he would be an upgrade to our wide forwards of Gabby and Weimann. I would think clubs with a larger wage and transfer budget, including those in European competitions next year, would have a stronger chance of enticing him to join them rather than us at the moment.

Bursting my Villa tinted bubble comes to mind :(