Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

God yeah imagine Milner playing ahead of Westwood and Sylla with Benteke, Weimann and Gabby ahead of him.  Not going to happen though, if Lambert ever pulled that one off he'd be an utter legend.  We need the next Milner, and I'm not sure who there is out there.

Milner wasn't even Milner until we made him Milner. 

He was and is quite a rare talent. Perhaps I need to get over it...

I think the signings of Lambert will not change, he will look in lower leagues and get established players from abroad. The players will have learn't a hell of a lot this season.

Good call SikhinTrinity - This is definitely how it's going to be.

This gayle seem to be good .. if he is faster or fast as gabby .. I would take him .. one of the main thing of gabby impact is that he isnt the main man .. and defenders worry about benteke and even weimann .. imagine two gabby with pace .. benteke up front .. who will the defender worry of exactly ? + different type of players!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4844145/Dwight-Gayle-Ive-gone-from-200-a-week-carpenter-to-hammering-in-goals.html

interesting. Yeah I reckon this would be a good signing but so far it`s only rumors. I will wait for a confirmation.

Me too - Would provide cover for Gabby & offers good long term potential.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4844145/Dwight-Gayle-Ive-gone-from-200-a-week-carpenter-to-hammering-in-goals.html

interesting. Yeah I reckon this would be a good signing but so far it`s only rumors. I will wait for a confirmation.

I would like us to play a real fast game .. look at spurs atm .. and german teams .. we already have gabby .. get another fast winger and I prefer him to be a good dribbler .. with benteke up front .. and a good acm .. I think we could be one of the best attacking teams in the country !

Yes we just have a small matter of us having one of the worst defences in the country which needs to be rectified asap

Yeah I know .. anyway I think we are improving in that area .. remember the inconsistency these years .. actually we are starting to look better at the .. low confidence was our main problem I think ..

Not sure on that Gayle when I've seen him.

Dodgy touch, but then again so do Gabby and Weimann.

Interesting looking creature that's for sure.

Weimann isnt that fast !

God yeah imagine Milner playing ahead of Westwood and Sylla with Benteke, Weimann and Gabby ahead of him.  Not going to happen though, if Lambert ever pulled that one off he'd be an utter legend.  We need the next Milner, and I'm not sure who there is out there.

1 player replacing 2? I mean, Milner is good but he's not worth putting ourselves at a serious disadvantage for. And I think you'll find Milner is most like Delph in our current midfield. Good effort though :)

Where is Douglass these days ?   (the big CB - not the old chairman)

Douglas from Twente? Heavily linked with Liverpool. Would be a very smart pick up for them.

As for Milner whilst I think we would all like to see him back in claret and blue performing as he did in his final season for us. I think his wage demands would just be too high now and that it's probably time to let that pipedream go and look towards cheaper, younger and dare I say hungrier talent.

Hopefully Gary Gardner comes of age next season.

I think Lambert has already placed him in the squad as the second attacking midfielder next season (with the first to be bought in in the summer). The way he's returned and is mooted to be close to breaking back on to the subs bench says to me Lambert has a lot of faith in him coming good.

Of course there's a significant injury history with him too and although we all hope that's behind him now because he is a considerable talent, it's why I think they'll be bringing in another attacking mid in front of him over the summer.

God yeah imagine Milner playing ahead of Westwood and Sylla with Benteke, Weimann and Gabby ahead of him. Not going to happen though, if Lambert ever pulled that one off he'd be an utter legend. We need the next Milner, and I'm not sure who there is out there.

1 player replacing 2? I mean, Milner is good but he's not worth putting ourselves at a serious disadvantage for. And I think you'll find Milner is most like Delph in our current midfield. Good effort though :)

Possible he forgot about Weimann, considering he's been missing of late...

Whoops, did I say something controversial? I think I did... Then I remembered the Sunderland strike before somebody reminded me and all was forgiven.

Anyway...