Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Not-entirely-useless stat of the day: Excluding players with negligible game-time, Adam Le Fondre's goals-per-minute ratio this campaign is only bettered by Van Persie, Suárez, Dzeko and Chicarito.

Quite a few then :P

I want to see us make a major statement of intent this window by going head to head with some of the bigger guns for some big, big marquee signings. (Especially with the new TV Deal.)

To be honest I'd be much more comfortable with a few promising signings than one signing to blow the world away but I agree that all clubs need at least one signing to get excited about going in to the season (ie. Benteke).

I like what Southampton did signing Ramirez. About a third of their transfer budget on a highly rated up and coming prospect. Assuming we have about £30m I'd like to see us maybe get a similiar type of player for our attacking mid spot for about £10m.

Not-entirely-useless stat of the day: Excluding players with negligible game-time, Adam Le Fondre's goals-per-minute ratio this campaign is only bettered by Van Persie, Suárez, Dzeko and Chicarito.

Quite a few then :P

Don't make me whip out the heat-map, now.

• Like 1

Take Adam le Fondre off Reading. He's well able to bang them in and is used to being an effective super sub. 11 league goals this season for them is a very decent haul.

Came in to post this  :rant:

What do people reckon our budget will be? with the new TV deal etc.. i'm going £15m + whatever is made from sales of Given etc

£25m plus Player Sales in the Summer window.  I think a small portion of the budget will be saved for restocking in winter.

The one thing that warms the cockles of the Villa hearts is you just know with certainty that Lambo consistently knows what he is doing in the transfer market. When was the last time that that could be said of a Villa Manager?

Big Fat Ron was the last one for me!

• Like 1

Le Fondre recently said he "wants to play every game" and doesn't know if he will be reading next season.. as much as I like Le Fondre when he starts games he really does not have the same impact compared to when he was sub..

I don't think he would play every game here.. Gabby, Weimann and Benteke as our front 3 should not change.

I'd like Le Fondre here as competition for Weimann.. but he wants to play every game and we can't offer that.

I can assure you that HairyHands was ITK, I don't know who else he was talking to on here, but he PM'd me quite a bit of information (not transfer targets) which came true a matter of hours after he told me to expect things to happen. He is very close to Lambert I believe but I have no idea how he fits in, quite possibly somebody at the club. He was hounded out when he said no deals would happen in the run up to the Sylla signing, he seemed to have missed that due to being busy.

Le Fondre recently said he "wants to play every game" and doesn't know if he will be reading next season

Gotta be honest. I struggle to find the time myself these days.
  • Like 4

I can assure you that HairyHands was ITK, I don't know who else he was talking to on here, but he PM'd me quite a bit of information (not transfer targets) which came true a matter of hours after he told me to expect things to happen. He is very close to Lambert I believe but I have no idea how he fits in, quite possibly somebody at the club. He was hounded out when he said no deals would happen in the run up to the Sylla signing, he seemed to have missed that due to being busy.

Can you get him to pm me this weeks lottery numbers? ;)

I don't think we could get Santon. The only reason he's not playing for Newcastle right now is that he's injured, but he's one of their best players. If they stay up they'll want to keep him, if they go down one of the Top 6 clubs will swoop for him. The price tag will be too high, I think, Ashley doesn't let guys go for cheap. I'd love him, don't get me wrong, but I think he'd be out of our price range at the moment.