Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I wouldn't be so sure. Unlike us a few years ago, they are signing players good enough for the top 4. Also unlike us, they have a progressive manager with good knowledge of the continental markets. I don't see why they couldn't be at a similar level to where Spurs are now in a few years if they continue with this level of investment.

They've yet to sign a single player good enough for the top 4.

Fwiw, we have at least one.

Paulinho and Soldado are both top 4 quality for sure. as are Vertonghen and Lloris.

sorry, misunderstood. shouldn't jump into conversations I haven't read properly :blush:

Edited by switters

I wouldn't be so sure. Unlike us a few years ago, they are signing players good enough for the top 4. Also unlike us, they have a progressive manager with good knowledge of the continental markets. I don't see why they couldn't be at a similar level to where Spurs are now in a few years if they continue with this level of investment.

Paulinho and Soldado are both top 4 quality for sure. as are Vertonghen and Lloris.

Southampton not Spurs.

Spurs might win the title.

Southampton not Spurs.

Without Bale? No chance.

• Like 1

Southampton not Spurs.

Without Bale? No chance.

Spurs have more chance of winning the title having pre-emptively spent the bale money than they had before they signed anyone and he a spurs player

I'm more than happy with what we have - I don't think we need anyone else.

Another squad player who's happy to wait for his opportunity to play the number 10 role perhaps, but no superstars, certainly.

I think another midfielder could be vital, while we have serious competition at centre back, I can't help but think our midfield are going to be burnt out over Christmas, KAE has really stepped up and is like a new signing himself, add in forgotten man Sylla, and I think we just need another player who could maybe do the Delph role just to keep lads fresh. 

My thoughts exactly. Yes the lads are on fire, but certainly wouldnt hurt to keep everyone fresh. We've drastically improved the squad but not the first team. I cant say id comfortably rotate our team. We have an A and B squad really, and although im very happy with the signings - apart from Okore i think theyre not proven or and need time to adapt and build up momentum. 1st  player needed i think to keep our usual starting line up fresh and on their toes.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think Fischer is out of our league and there is no chance that he'll go anywhere for £6m, but I wouldn't put it past us to snap up another future star being as we managed to pinch arguably one of the best defensive prospects in Europe already this Summer.

The only difference/hiccup is that obviously a player at Ajax (in this case) will always command a bigger fee than a player from Nordsjaelland by quite some way.

Oh yeah I wouldn't bet against Lambert signing some young AM that no one has heard of. For me there is a lot of fun in that, not knowing what we're getting and no expectations.

I think we can all agree that if Lambert signs a player we are going to trust his judgement. It might not always work out but most of the time it will.

As I say, I believe they have. All three of their signings are the sort of signings you could've seen a club like Spurs making.

I like Firmino and his game would suit ours. He is extremely hard working and does his bit defensively. Looks to be on the brink of hitting the boil with his offensive game too. I'm not sure he'd get a work-permit though. 

Edited by Isa