Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Tom Ince. Would I have him here? Yes absolutely. He's exactly what we're missing and he's the right age. He'd cost a few bob but we're not averse to that if it makes sense to spend it (Benteke).

ince wants to stay where he is for his new born or something, only half heard on the radio earlier, so that idea can go out the window

personally i dont think we need him, weve got a few youth lads in midfield now that deserve the first 6 months, if we face problems, get someone in in january

replacing benteke with another 'targetman' and another CB is all that is left to do in this window, surely we could recoup around £40m from the sales on benteke, bent, delfouneso, nzogbia, ireland and bannan?

although i do agree with you there pete, hopefully the others will be considered panic buys for other clubs so we can still shift

benteke - £25m to £30m

bent - £6m to £8m

delfouneso - £500k to £1m

nzogbia - £2m to £3m

ireland - £1m to £2m

bannan - £1m to £2m

whilst under contract surely they still have value? although only bannan is an 'international'

Edited by AndyBM

Tom Ince. Would I have him here? Yes absolutely. He's exactly what we're missing and he's the right age. He'd cost a few bob but we're not averse to that if it makes sense to spend it (Benteke).

What about Delph?

• Like 1

Thomas ince spent most of last season playing in the hole and occassionally on the wing he is no threat to Delph's position in the squad. Would fit in well here I think, but I haven't seen him play so I can't comment on whether he would be any good for us. He scored a lot of goals from AM last season though.

Well with the imminent transfer of Given + Ireland, that could free up some wages to be spent on say an AM? 

I'd imagine we'll still be paying at least 90% of their wages tbh

then why let them go if its only 10% of their wages. Especially when theres a chance sparky might come in for Ireland`

Can you really see Doncaster paying much of the estimated £120k a week they're pocketing between them?

then why let them go if its only 10% of their wages. Especially when theres a chance sparky might come in for Ireland`

Can you really see Doncaster paying much of the estimated £120k a week they're pocketing between them?

depends how cashed up these Irish buyers are.

we shouldnt pay any of their wages, ive never understood why clubs cave in and accept to pay players wages after theyve gone

if the buying club cant afford the wages, tough