Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

why do those sad people think that waving the Union Jack is in some way appropriate? Do the Tory party "own" that? hmmmm

clearly not

d6bf549beda6de3530437658791ead32.jpg

You see Tony that was the very point. But as normal you have missed it, what was the point of any political party trying to "own" the Union Jack and what was the idea behind the saddoes waving it at the BBQ today?

why do those sad people think that waving the Union Jack is in some way appropriate? Do the Tory party "own" that? hmmmm

clearly not

d6bf549beda6de3530437658791ead32.jpg

You see Tony that was the very point. But as normal you have missed it, what was the point of any political party trying to "own" the Union Jack and what was the idea behind the saddoes waving it at the BBQ today?

Gosh thats a big generalisation, why is anyone waving a union flag a saddo

Edited by colhint

Pretty nasty that people are saying things like "hopefully she's burning in hell now" purely because they disagreed with her politics.

Have you read anything in this thread?

Pretty nasty that people are saying things like "hopefully she's burning in hell now" purely because they disagreed with her politics.

Yes. Don't think I've ever seen so much bile in one thread.

Bile that you contributed to when you said you hope that the funeral costs pisses off her detractors .

Get off your high horse you hypocrite.

• Like 1

Bile that you contributed to when you said you hope that the funeral costs pisses off her detractors .

Get off your high horse you hypocrite.

Touch a nerve did I?

Yes because saying that is the same as saying things like "I hope she burns in hell" and "I hope her children are next".

And it's only the people who are spouting this kind of hateful crap that I'm glad to see pissed off. People who disagree with her but do it maturely and respectfully I have a lot of time for.

Absolutely no hypocrisy there.

Edited by Mantis

Then you've quite obviously missed the bits where people's disdain, dislike or even hatred goes way above disagreeing with politics and into blaming her for collapses of communities, war crimes and ultimately many deaths directly related to her.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with any of those views, but it's a fair way past disagreeing with politics.

Touch a nerve did I?

Yes because saying that is the same as saying things like "I hope she burns in hell" and "I hope her children are next".

No nerve touched as I have metioned I have no political interests at all .

You said that you hoped people would be pissed off at the high cost of this event and for me that is a kuntish thing to say . Poisonous in fact, and would definitely fall under the category of bile so IMO you are certainly a hypocrite .

Edited by Brumerican

Sorry if I misunderstood. The way I read it was that you thought that no party should own the union flag, fair enough. But why should anyone waving it be a saddoe?

The point was simple really, I keep getting told by the morally outraged that this was a funeral and that protest etc should not be allowed. What is the point of those very sad people - and I don't mean "oh woe wiv me" - waving Union Jacks at this "event" (lets call it that because it wasn't a funeral now was it). Were they trying to make out some link between Thatcher (and the Tory party) and the Union Jack? Maybe like the BBC commentator this morning they got confused and thought it was a Royal wedding?

Touch a nerve did I?

No nerve touched as I have metioned I have no political interests at all .

You said that you hoped people would be pissed off at the high cost of this event and for me that is a kuntish thing to say . Poisonous in fact, and would definitely fall under the category of bile so IMO you are certainly a hypocrite .

It's nowhere near being "poisonous". Jesus Christ talk about dramatising. Saying you want someone to burn in hell or that you want to see their children dead is nothing like saying I'm glad the costs are being paid for by the public because it'll piss a few people off. The funeral cost £10m. Not £10bn FFS.

Nope, I'm not a hypocrite at all.

Bedroom Tax protesters notice that Cameron read out something about "In my father's house are many rooms..."

The bedroom tax clearly doesn't cover the drawing room, billard room or the ballroom. ;)

It's nowhere near being "poisonous". Jesus Christ talk about dramatising. Saying you want someone to burn in hell or that you want to see their children dead is nothing like saying I'm glad the costs are being paid for by the public because it'll piss a few people off. The funeral cost £10m. Not £10bn FFS.

Nope, I'm not a hypocrite at all.

There are levels of bile for sure and yours may be slightly less offensive bile than others have posted, but it is bile none the less . Just because other people have been "nastier" than you have been doesn't excuse you being less nasty .

Not only are you a hypocrite but you are a childish hypocrite who doesn't like being called out on their hypocrisy .

Â