Margaret Thatcher dies of a stroke.

Milfner

Peter, I think we get the message

Sorry...  :)

Actually Peter, It looks like your our roving reporter on the subject. I would prefer you to give up that job and take up a position as BBC economics editor. A job  for which you appear suitably qualified.far more than the present incumbent

:-) - ahhh Tony I must admit you do try, mostly fail, but you do try. Mrs Thatcher would have loved you and probably adopted you to replace Mark

that's a "No" then :)

Peter, I think we get the message

Sorry...  :)

Actually Peter, It looks like your our roving reporter on the subject. I would prefer you to give up that job and take up a position as BBC economics editor. A job  for which you appear suitably qualified.far more than the present incumbent

Hmmm I notice you did not say replace ex-Tory Robinson - booooo you biased rascal

:-) - ahhh Tony I must admit you do try, mostly fail, but you do try. Mrs Thatcher would have loved you and probably adopted you to replace Mark

Tony - as someone who fails to answer any points ever raised (other than with a you know what ahhh .....) then as said before I aint going to play your games especially as you are not exactly discussing the subject as it was mentioned. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Got any views on the success or failure of the political nature of the whole thing?

I hope childline take a good long like at the parents of the young boy driving the cart ... Westborough Baptist church type brain washing anyone ?

Yes, it would be far better if parents gave their children some informal exposure to the right moral values.  Like Alderman "Groper" Roberts taking his daughter to business meetings and council meetings.  Make sure she's not exposed to any form of indoctrination, able to form her own views.

• Like 1

Except what I said wasn't bile, just like a lot of anti-Thatcher comments in this thread have been a bit jerkish but not exactly bile.

Defeat? Isn't hurling childish insults at people (which is what you're doing) a sign of defeat?

Well that's where we disagree . I think that when you say you hope people are pissed off about something because you don't agree with them then that is bile , and that is the last time I will explain that to you .

What insults am I hurtling at you ? They are not insults if they are true.

You are being hypocritical so to call you a hypocrite is not insulting . It's just pointing out a fact .

Then you try and move the goal posts on what it is that you consider to be bile so I called you a goal post moving back pedaller which is clearly what you are . It is not an insult, again it is merely pointing out a fact .

After all this you still persist with a piss poor defense of an argument you have clearly no chance of winning . This stubborn petulance is childish so I called you childish . This is not an insult it is just pointing out a fact .

If you don't like people calling you out on your BLATANT hypocrisy then why don't you just try and not be a hypocrite instead of sulking about being found out .

You made a spiteful comment where you wished a form of suffering on your fellow man .

Admittedly it wasn't as spiteful as other comments have been but that has no relevance . It's like stealing a quid and robbing a bank . At the end of the day you are still a thief . So for you to complain about supposed bile in this thread when you have CLEARLY contributed to the said bile makes you a hypocrite . There is no defending yourself here so stop crying and suck it up.

Everyone can be hypocritical at times but the thing is acknowledging it and learning from it .

Edited by Brumerican

Except what I said wasn't bile, just like a lot of anti-Thatcher comments in this thread have been a bit jerkish but not exactly bile.

Defeat? Isn't hurling childish insults at people (which is what you're doing) a sign of defeat?

Well that's where we disagree . I think that when you say you hope people are pissed off about something because you don't agree with them then that is bile , and that is the last time I will explain that to you .

What insults am I hurtling at you ? They are not insults if they are true.

You are being hypocritical so to call you a hypocrite is not insulting . It's just pointing out a fact .

Then you try and move the goal posts on what it is that you consider to be bile so I called you a goal post moving back pedaller which is clearly what you are . It is not an insult, again it is merely pointing out a fact .

After all this you still persist with a piss poor defense of an argument you have clearly no chance of winning . This stubborn petulance is childish so I called you childish . This is not an insult it is just pointing out a fact .

If you don't like people calling you out on your BLATANT hypocrisy then why don't you just try and not be a hypocrite instead of sulking about being found out .

You made a spiteful comment where you wished a form of suffering on your fellow man .

Admittedly it wasn't as spiteful as other comments have been but that has no relevance . It's like stealing a quid and robbing a bank . At the end of the day you are still a thief . So for you to complain about supposed bile in this thread when you have CLEARLY contributed to the said bile makes you a hypocrite . There is no defending yourself here so stop crying and suck it up.

Everyone can be hypocritical at times but the thing is acknowledging it and learning from it .

None of these things you're claiming are true so yes while they wouldn't be insults if they were true, they're not true therefore they are insults.

I haven't even been hypocritical in the first place. You're massively dramatising what I said. Saying I'm glad the public is funding a £10m funeral because it pisses certain people off isn't exactly bile or a "poisonous" comment. There is no hypocrisy here and maybe you should stop crying about that?

Seriously, this is now one of those agree to disagree situations - anymore of this and warnings will be issued - Bicks

Edited by bickster

Tony - as someone who fails to answer any points ever raised (other than with a you know what ahhh .....) then as said before I aint going to play your games especially as you are not exactly discussing the subject as it was mentioned. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Got any views on the success or failure of the political nature of the whole thing?

so in other words I was right  ... Do I get to close down a  coal mine ?

you can defer to a stock answer but you made a bold claim and I merely asked you to prove it , that you haven't , suggests there is no credence to your post 

so in the absence of any evidence it is my view that the people waving the flag did so because they wanted to in much the same way people do at Royal Weddings and Last night of the proms  .. and not because of any attempt by the Tory party to kidnap the flag

that article has so many falsehoods  ... your header is a tad harsh .... We (the UK) sold him arms as we did to plenty of people who didn't commit genocide  ..To suggest we "helped" him commit genocide is akin to me saying you killed an Iraqi because you paid taxes to the Uk govt

btw she never called Mandela a terrorist  .. she called the ANC a terrorist organization

interesting article about Thatcher and Mandela

Edited by tonyh29

btw she never called Mandela a terrorist  .. she called the ANC a terrorist organization

So as head of said "terrorist organisation" she did in effect call him a terrorist. Or were Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness not terrorists?

so in other words I was right  ... Do I get to close down a  coal mine ?

you can defer to a stock answer but you made a bold claim and I merely asked you to prove it , that you haven't , suggests there is no credence to your post 

so in the absence of any evidence it is my view that the people waving the flag did so because they wanted to in much the same way people do at Royal Weddings and Last night of the proms  .. and not because of any attempt by the Tory party to kidnap the flag

You see Tony every now and again we have to show that you are aking a mistake : EDIT previous words were a bit harsh - sorry

I wrote - and it was quoted

why do those sad people think that waving the Union Jack is in some way appropriate? Do the Tory party "own" that? hmmmm

Now the fact that this was a very political party, agreed? Why was the union jack being waved by members of the crowd? You I think, and apologies if directly not you but I am sure you "liked" a few posts, were part of a group on here who were moaning about the whole dignity and respect thing re the funeral. The coffin was draped in the flag, again why exactly? You see that is not what you are saying, so sorry old bean once again you have been shown up a bit, didn't want to do it, but as said c'est la vie. I am sure that pictures of anti-Thatcher demo's where the flag is used and political ,materials from other parties will in your opinion show it to be OK. But that has no relevance whatsoever to the funeral, does it?

Over the past couple of years we have seen the Olympics where crowds have waved the UJ, we have seen those posh people getting married, again UJ being waved by crowds. For a funeral though, and again you are the ones that said it should be treated with respect to see supporters of Thatcher waving the flag, you have to question what the motives are / were. As said I think that the people that were there and especially those that waved flags etc are nothing more than very sad. I appreciate you may well have been there with your UJ but answer me this, don't you think there is a real danger of making political statements associated with the flag of the whole nations is somewhat questionable?

I suspect I wont get any sort of sensible answer, if at all, but as said I have come to expect that. C'est la vie mon ami

Edited by drat01

You're all wrong since its the Union FLAG.

If you are going to get embroiled in pointless tit for tat arguements at least get your facts right in the first place.

• Like 2

Â